Eolys?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Eolys?

Post by wheeler »

The additive pump may have been working but what about the additive injector on the main fuel tank? Was the operation of this checked?
aspire_helen
My Cars: Citroen C5 2.2HDi Exc SE 2001

Post by aspire_helen »

Just a correction to my last post. The additive ECU is alerted to imminent fuel , not by the flap, but by the 90deg anti-clockwise rotation of the cap.
KevinRook
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso 2010 mk1 1.6 HDI VTR+

Post by KevinRook »

Hi my EOLYS warning has come on for my 2010 C4 Grand Picasso 1.6 HDi

But after reading online I’m not sure what fluid to buy.

A new bladder or top up kit. Which version of the fluid etc.

My Vin is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

I’m hoping some one can point me in the right direction.

Kev
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You need a Powerflex top up kit.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

... and you will need to reset the additive counter with a suitable diagnostic tool, like Diagbox.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
KevinRook

Post by KevinRook »

Diagbox is in the post to me. I always used to use my Delphi DS150E on all my other cars.

It reads the additive ecu on the C4 but not sure if it can write to it.

So I can Google powerflex top up kit and. I should be good to go. ?
KevinRook

Post by KevinRook »

like this
Attachments
A1117ED7-E2D4-4865-882D-538CD7E711D8.png
GreenPlasticMan
My Cars: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso eHDi 2014

Post by GreenPlasticMan »

Hello. I've been reading this thread to try to work out what I need to do, but would like some confirmation, if possible.

I have a 2014 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Airdream eHDI 1.6, done 65000 miles, last service was in Jan. The Service light is on and the “Engine autodiagnosis system” light came on before I drove about 150 miles. I managed to attach a borrowed code reader and got codes related to the Multiplexed Diesel Additive Pump and then cleared them (Service light remains on, "Engine autodiagnosis system" light is now off):

B100C ECU Supply Fault
B2EB0 Additive Reservoir Empty Fault

The car is driving fine (just did another 150 miles at average 60mph last night), but I understand that I could end up blocking my DPF, so I should get this sorted.

How do I find out if I need a pouch or I have the tank I can fill? I thought of ordering the right thing off eBay and then having a local mechanic do the work.

I've looked under the car in front of the rear passenger wheel and see a "BVH2 Fuel Dosing Tank 1,01 9674605580" sticker on something but I can't remove what's covering it to get a better look. Is there any chance there could be a pouch inside there or do I definitely just have a tank to fill up?

Thanks in advance for any advice you can give.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You'll need to post up your VIN (automasked on post submission) before I can advise you on what you have and what you need.

Marc
GreenPlasticMan

Hi. Thanks for the reply. My VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff].
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you have a reservoir not a pouch system and from your build date, you require Powerflex additive, so make sure you get one with a filling kit. Be aware that it is essential that you reset the additive counter in the engine ECU after the filling operation using Diagbox or a professional level diagnostic tool, otherwise the engine ECU will not know you have refilled it (as the level is not physically measured, only calculated). If you don't have access to this then you may be better off getting Citroen to do it for you as there can also be complications with priming the pump at the same time (depending on the experience of the garage) and their equipment.

Marc
GreenPlasticMan

Hi. Thanks for confirming the right fluid. How much will I need to fill it? And could I use the stuff mentioned a bit further up on this page? (viewtopic.php?p=723770#p723770). Finally, I think the code has already been cleared and the counter reset as the light isn't coming up anymore and the Launch device that was connected after clearing didn't have a code related to the Additive Reservoir; will this make it harder to prime the pump? Thanks so much for all your help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

1) Yes that is the correct type, as long as it says Powerflex. As to how much you will need I can't sat, but it is probably better to purchase 1lt bottles as once opened this stuff does no keep as it reacts in the air.

2) As for resetting the additive counter, no, you misunderstand me. It's got nothing to do with fault clearing and cannot be done with an OBD code reader.

There is a special function that has to be undertaken that a) primes the additive pump and b) resets the additive counter. This cannot be done using a code reader, it has to be done from a special menu using the correct professional-level diagnostic software and hardware (a VCI).

The fault code you are referring to is likely just a warning and will return and separate to the operation I mentioned. A word of caution - if the additive low level warning was on, then do not continue running the car before it is topped up as if the pump runs dry then you are looking at a new additive pump....

Marc
GreenPlasticMan

Hi again. Thanks for yet more info. I'm a bit concerned now about the possibility of it being empty and trying to pump when there is none.

Does it pump when you top up with fuel or at other times? I have half a tank of fuel left, so have either done the damage already or can hopefully avoid the damage by not topping up with fuel until I get it to a garage.

There is a local guy (about two miles away) who could put it up on a ramp and remove the tank. Could we then shake it and listen for whether it sounds empty?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Normally, when the additive reservoir is calculated to be low, it will throw an 'additive level low' warning on the dash / display.

However, as I've said, this is based purely on the quantity of additive that the engine ECU thinks is in the tank, based on what was in there from when it left the factory, and then from the mileage the vehicle has done and and the amount of additive that has been added when fuel has been put into the tank.

The additive pump only meters out a small amount based on the amount of fuel added to the tank. At some point when the engine ECU deems from the calculated level of additive remaining - that there will be insufficient mileage to go before the next due service, it will flag a warning. It gets this data from the service / maintenance indicator.

So I can only advise you as far as additive levels go. The additive level is checked on your specific vehicle at 65k miles and then at every 16k miles. Once it has been deemed necessary and consequently topped up, the additive counter is reset / pump primed and you are good to go again for similar mileage - but by then you'll probably need your particulate filter looking at. Apart from calculating the estimated additive levels, the engine ECU also tracks the amount of Cerine that is dumped into the particle filter in grammes. This Cerine is used in the additive and along with engine deposits and ash is what ultimately clogs up the particle filter as these can't be burned off.

As for checking, the tank is not generally removed as it's additional labour - instead, they tend to look at the mileage and then do a top-up and reset as it takes less labour to top it up than it does to remove all the tank assembly, pipes, connections, then remove the tank, empty it out, check the additive volume by measuring it, put it all back and then fill it, before resetting the system and priming the pump!

Marc