Finally managed to get something done on the car!
The brake discs which i got off ebay, genuine items so i assume Bendix for £25 are now fitted, i took an old pad to GSF to get it matched up and these too were Bendix, a good price at £22+vat, for an OE part this is a bit of a bargain.
The reason for replacing them was a judder at most braking speeds, and then before Christmas when it was very cold, this happened.
Can you spot what is wrong? Lucky i was only in the city when this happened so only a few miles to drive home. It seems the pad had stuck to the disc, and because the outer pad was so badly worn (all other pads were fine), it managed to slip out of the caliper carrier and then onto the hub of the disc!
Such a straightforward job though, and they work nicely straight out the box, should be usual strong Xantia brakes when bedded in.
I must say it bloody goes well, a spin round the block and its off, turbo kicks in at low rpm and surges you forward, will be looking forward to driving it again.
Next on the list is Citrojim refurbished height correctors, height and roll corrector set up, a bleed of the brakes and some citrobics and it should be bang on in the suspension department.
I grabbed an oil filter at GSF for a couple of quid and will be switching it to a 5w 40 fully synthetic, the engine is very sweet and quiet and this will help give it a little extra protection when driven hard.
The bodywork is next, a good polish, front bumper respray and a few dents will get removed by my PDR man, and it will look excellent for its age.
The exhaust still needs sorting, it leaks at the front still so needs a new clamp and to resolve the short back box issue i'm going to find an aftermarket box with a nice tailpipe and have a friend weld it on for me.