Xantia HDI 110 Clutch slave kaputt..

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

the cylinder's fine,,i think....put the pushrod isnt.... as you know... which is why im looking for another slave cylinder..... as gsf/eurocarparts/dealer...none of them sell just the push rod.... or in fact just the correct cylinder...they have just the complete system.....
or have i misunderstood your device..? i am supposed to be looking for a new pushrod right? which as i cant find on it's own i am looking for a replacement cylinder the same as mine....
there is a scrappy which has a 1.8 petrol...and a 1.9td.... will they be the same?
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Right, i see where you're at now! Citroen want to sell me, you etc a full system, £££ ridiculous.
Trust me, they DO sell the pushrod on its own. I'm 99% sure that's where my mate got it from, (JCT 600, huge dealership, Bradford,sticker lane), i'll check later, 20 odd quid iirc. Might be worth ringing a few citroen stealerships? But be very careful when ordering,as there's different sizes and they seem to employ lethargic morons...

"there is a scrappy which has a 1.8 petrol...and a 1.9td.... will they be the same?"

Couldn't tell you mate...maybe someone on here is more clued up, into parts lists etc? Unless you nip to the scrappers and whip it out to compare length,(the slave..lol) should be ok if the pedal's not pressed?

Proper headache aint it? At one point i was wondering if i could just convert it to a cable clutch! Mind you,it's a nice smooth light clutch i ended up with so it was worth all the grief in the end.
Good luck wit your search :D
1999 Xantia LX 2.0 HDI 110 Rusteration project...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Just had a look in Laser (the Citroen parts catalogue)

For the RHD kit they do indeed list the pushrod separately. part No. 2151 95

Item 13 in the picture below:

This is only listed under the MK2 Xantia but should be OK on the Mk1 as well,. I was not awate of any massive difference between Mk1 and MK2.

At least you can now hit the stealers with a part number i3...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

Thanks for that Jim,that schematic looks bang on :D
i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

ive measured my pushrod, and its 107mm.... but the one with the part number you have given Jim is 99mm... before i order it, will this be suitable as a replacement for mine? is this the pushrod you replaced yours with Dave? and you wouldnt happen to remember if your original pushrod was 107mm would you?
i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

i just been on the phone to dealers.... again! i found the exact part number for the 107mm pushrod.... 2151 84.... i was just about to make the payment over the phone when i asked about if there was quicker delivery method...then he has a check and turns around and tells me that citroen no longer make this part so he cant get it for me!!! where else might i be able to get this part from?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Thats a bit of a :twisted: isn't it :twisted:

Only hope now is to got to a scrappy and look for a scrap Activa, 2.1TD or 110HDi and rob it of it's slave cylinder...

Trouble is, all of those vehicles are a bit thin on the ground... Have a look at the Pug 406 with the 2.1TD, 110HDi and 2.0CT as well.

I believe they were the only vehicles fitted with this gearbox but others may know of others...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

so will the 99mm rod be no good then? i think the dealer still can gey hold of those...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

The 107mm rod is the one specified for the LHD Series 1 cars so I'm not entirely surprised it's not available here.

The 99mm rod has to be worth a try. The pedal has a lot of travel so it should be able to absorb 8mm less travel.

It's strange yopurs measures out at 107mm as the 99mm rod is the one specified for RHD vehicles. :?
Jim

i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

that does seem strange.... i guess ill order the 99mm rod tomorrow then and try it when i get it on monday.... there is a citroen breakers who has a 2.1 td...the same yard that i got the hp hydraulic pipe from...but he said he can only sell me the entire system with master, reservoir and pipes for £100... id rather not do that though.... none of the scrappies round here have a 2.1 a 2.0turbo or the hdi!!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

It would be worth paying him £100 just for the spectacle of seeing him remove it properly and without cutting anything..

It is a real devil of a job :twisted: :lol:
Jim

i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

it just occurred to me... why not check the forum for the part??? and just came across Geoff Lebowski's post about his 2.1 td... i sent him a pm... perhaps he will have the part...
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Knowing Geoff, he'll have kept something like that. PM me if you don't hear from him fairly soon... He has a bit of difficulty accessing this forum at times.
Jim

i3
My Cars:

Post by i3 »

will do... thanks Jim
HDI Dave
My Cars:

Post by HDI Dave »

i3 wrote: the one with the part number you have given Jim is 99mm... before i order it, will this be suitable as a replacement for mine? is this the pushrod you replaced yours with Dave? and you wouldnt happen to remember if your original pushrod was 107mm would you?
Jims part no. is correct,that is indeed the one i got,12 months ago.

I've just found the receipt for the pushrod. With all the hassle of finding one it appears that we got it from another dealer, mybad :oops:

Dealer: Evans Halshaw Citroen, Kings Road, Bradford, tel 0845 226 8607, invoiced by a mr.Dereck Howland.

Part no. 215195 Master-Cyl Ro, £23.46 + vat. Worth a ring?

No i didn't measure it, and i've just given the old clutch to the local scrap man!!! typical aint it.. I'll have a look in the garage to see if i've still got the pushrod, to measure.

Dave.