That'll be another one on ebay being broken for spares then having
appeared in the Trader today and bought by an Activa Despatcher... :(

I saw it on Wednesday but got no response from the seller... :roll:

Andrew
Exhume.dk

Post by Exhume.dk »

Xantia V6 LHD..but manual 5 speed gearbox and Activa

Linky<-----

Don't know the guy, but have been looking for Xantia in Germany prior to my own Xantia..just a tip :)
amurleopard

Post by amurleopard »

If I may point out that the price of this Activa has now dropped to £950 ono ... :wink: It's been advertised at AutoTrader as well.

Ah, and the car is in an excellent condition, with major repairs done recently. Rides and rises smoothly. I do love it, but I'm going to stay abroad regularly, and I'm afraid I won't use the car often when I'm in the UK.

If you're interested, this page has more details. Feel free to PM or call me: 07964 924587

Thomas
amurleopard

Post by amurleopard »

amurleopard wrote:If I may point out that the price of this Activa has now dropped to £950 ono ...
... and it has just been sold. Thanks for all enquiries.

Thomas
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

amurleopard wrote:... and it has just been sold. Thanks for all enquiries.

Thomas
Indeed. It's now resting on my drive! :wink:

Thanks Thomas.

James
Now Citroenless for the first time in 20 years
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Here's one on French ebay

So how rare are one of these Activas?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Sl4yer wrote:
amurleopard wrote:... and it has just been sold. Thanks for all enquiries.

Thomas
Indeed. It's now resting on my drive! :wink:

Thanks Thomas.

James
A very warm welcome to the wonderful world of Activa ownership James :D

Tell us all about your adventures with it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Yes, it's good to see that it will be looked after by another Activa enthusiast. 8)

I hope you enjoy it James.

Staying flat while cornering is a great experience. :wink:
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote: Staying flat while cornering is a great experience. :wink:
It surely is :D And safe. I enjoyed a blat around a very twisty very hilly bit of a B road down in Somerset I know well. Some of the bends have adverse camber, just to make it more interesting.

In the Activa it just becomes a straight piece of road. A Vauxhall Astra that passed that way a litte earlier did not find his car straightend out the bends quite as well. It was firmly embedded in a hedge and rammed against a tree after it went all horribly wrong for him on one of the more trickier bends...

Beats me why active suspension is not as standard as say, ABS is on all cars nowadays.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

citrojim wrote:
A very warm welcome to the wonderful world of Activa ownership James :D

Tell us all about your adventures with it...
I will. Still getting to know it at the moment.

It has some quirks, many of which I suspect are common on hydraulic Cits. I've felt occasional strange feedback through the brake pedal (sort of a pulsing, but NOT the ABS) and as Thomas pointed out it can rise unevenly from on one side. But I'll play with that some more tomorrow.

It's a strange car. Very relaxing to drive, but with the fantastic roadholding. I've never driven around a roundabout just for fun before, but did tonight whilst showing a friend what it could do! Amazing grip, and that was in the wet too. I managed to feel the onset of understeer, which was easily corrected - that's reassuring.

Biggest problem so far is that is doesn't have ground clearance to get onto my drive (a problem solved by a paving stone for the Volcane and my former Leon FR, but not sufficient for the Activa). Luckily, of course, it has a trick to get around this! :wink:

So, my first question: Is it OK to leave it parked in intermediate high setting, and will it have risen back to that when the STOP light goes out tomorrow? I don't want to rip the exhaust off!

I think I'll start a blog thread about this wonderful car, and I'll have many other questions to ask I'm sure!

James

PS. Now that my girlfriend has seen it and travelled in it, she quite likes it too! :D
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

ACTIVE8 wrote:Here's one on French ebay

So how rare are one of these Activas?
I've no idea. In the UK they are tres rare :lol:

He sums it up well though:
Tres confortable et idéale pour de longs trajets sans fatigue et économique.
I cannot agree more with that statement :D

It looks like Activas fetch more in France than they do here. Looks a good buy. New spheres and looks very tidy.
Jim

handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hi Slayer, welcome to the club.

If the hydraulics are working correctly and the accumulator sphere is good, it should not take a gnat's cock in time to lift the suspension from normal to intermediate, a little revs of about 2K should do it. That should give you sufficient ground clearance.

Otherwise, move! :roll: , :lol: :lol:

Handyman
Sl4yer
My Cars:

Post by Sl4yer »

handyman wrote:If the hydraulics are working correctly and the accumulator sphere is good, it should not take a gnat's cock in time to lift the suspension from normal to intermediate, a little revs of about 2K should do it. That should give you sufficient ground clearance.

Otherwise, move! :roll: , :lol: :lol:
Yes, intermediate is sufficient. I just select it as I turn into the cul-de-sac and it's ready when I get home. It seems to stay up overnight too. My worry is if it doesn't go down correctly in the morning! So far, so good.

The new driveway may have to take priority over the new bathroom now. (My girlfriend doesn't read this forum, I hope! :evil: )

James
2008 Mazda RX-8 231
2007 Honda CR-V Auto
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

There's an X2 Activa for sale in Queensland, with non-original 17" wheels - asking price $7800 (GBP£3335). :shock: That might put a little perspective on the excellent value you fellows enjoy!
handyman
My Cars:

Post by handyman »

Hey Addo, do they really sell at that price? :shock: We can all ask a lot of money for our cherished tin boxes on wheels, but do we ever get it?

Are the cars there to UK specs or are they moded 'cause you drive on the right side of the road, but upside down? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Handyman :roll: