Hard rear end - fixed

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

batbay
My Cars:

Hard rear end - fixed

Post by batbay »

Well I know I said I'd do the job myself..........but it would have had to been done outside and it was cold and wet :oops:
As I had read a post on the Forum recommending Dorys Garage in Sway, New Forest, I took it in this morning ; and picked it up this afternoon. No horror story of rip-off Citroen repairers here:-
Supply and fit two rear spheres
Fit anti-sink sphere (I supplied)
Adjust front and rear ride height
Top up LHM (1 litre)
Total bill (including VAT) £115.26 :D

Although the garage is in the New Forest, it is just 50 yards from the Rail Station with trains to Southampton and London.
Garage phone number is 01590 683432
JohnT
My Cars:

Post by JohnT »

Good result, I hope they get more business as a result of your post.
Cheers!
John
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

It's a shame I had a bad experience with them. Booked in a service asking "will it be the same service that Citroen do at this millage". this included a LHM change, yes came the reply. I also asked about greasing the height correctors which they said they would do. Unfortunately they did neither they did an oil and filters change £70 - £80 quids worth of work and sprayed everything that moved with lubricant so I ended up with it all down the doors from the locks anyhow I walked away pi**ed of with a bill for £120. Sorry just found the bill it's £150. Also work sheet says front brake hoses perished err there's nothing wrong with them. Anyway only wanted it done via a garage to keep the service history book up to date. Rant over and I won't be going back and I won't be recommending. I may have just been unlucky, but at that price I would have expected a lot more. They have been there for years so they must be doing something right.