Xantia clock removal

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TOMTOM

Xantia clock removal

Post by TOMTOM »

I recently needed to remove the clock from my Xantia 1.9TD to change the bulb - pre-facelift model, where the clock is situated below the centre ventilation nozzles and sits between the alarm light and the hazard warning switch, but after reading the Haynes manual I thought it might be easier to change the car.
Haynes would have you believe that you need to dismantle half of the dash and facia to access the clock bulb. I found that a thin piece of steel with a slight hook on one end could easily be inserted between the top of the clock and the ventilation nozzle housing, hooked behind the clock and pulled forward popping the clock out. The bulb is then easily replaced.
Has anyone else been led up the garden path by this piece of Haynes misinformation? I can't believe that I have the only Xantia with an easily removable clock.
mezuk04
My Cars:

Post by mezuk04 »

Yup, thats all that is required....an electrical screwdriver always comes in handy 8)
Volkswagen Golf 59' 1.6TD S :(
Clogzz
My Cars:

Post by Clogzz »

Welcome to the place where the Haynes book is called the BoL, the Book of Lies.
Same finding, the clock just pulls out from the outside, and you're done.
2002 C5 2.0i AL4 230,000 km 76372389
user_3150
New User
My Cars: This is a dummy account added to fix some orphan posts.

Post by user_3150 »

Ah yes but how does a face lift Xantia clock come out. This is a genuine question mine keeps defaulting the time and date. Took the stereo out but still can't see anyway for it to come out or to check the cables.

PS Google tool bar spell check brings up Santa as an alternative for Xantia :lol: