XM Diesel Air in fuel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Jim Colla
My Cars:

XM Diesel Air in fuel

Post by Jim Colla »

XM 2.1 SED. Starts, after turning over a few times. Runs for a few minutes and then stalls. Manual pumping reveals air in Fuel filter, lots of it. Clear it. It starts and then repeats the cycle. Checked fuel lines, changed filter and housing but problem remains. Any ideas?? Depressed Kensington
bob meek
My Cars:

Post by bob meek »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
XM 2.1 SED. Starts, after turning over a few times. Runs for a few minutes and then stalls. Manual pumping reveals air in Fuel filter, lots of it. Clear it. It starts and then repeats the cycle. Checked fuel lines, changed filter and housing but problem remains. Any ideas?? Depressed Kensington

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
i had the same problem with my BX turned out it was the fuel pipes front to rear there are two and one had a slight leek causing it to draw air. replace pipes hope this helps
bob <u></u>
bob meek
My Cars:

Post by bob meek »

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>
i had the same problem with my BX turned out it was the fuel pipes front to rear there are two and one had a slight leek causing it to draw air. replace pipes hope this helps
bob <u></u>
Dave Bamber
My Cars:

Post by Dave Bamber »

Hi Jim. Can you replace the fuel pipes to the filter and to the pump with clear one's? This might help you locate the leak. Also if you have replaced the filter, is it sealed ok?