xantia dashboard lights

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

shaunthesheep
My Cars:

xantia dashboard lights

Post by shaunthesheep »

hi
i've just changed some of my dashboard bulbs, as some were blown, found some bulb appetures that had bulbs in them, but i've never seen light up?, even when going to start engine!

are xantia's fitted with a common dashboard display?,
or am i worrying about nothing?
dom
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Hi dom,
With the instrument display removed, shine a light from the back and observe the front. Remove the bulbs from the instrument display, that you reckon are not lighting up. You will then see the symbol relating to that light e.g. ABS, Airbag, STOP etc. If the bulb does not light, check to see if your model is fitted with the equipment relavent to the symbol. If you have the facility relating to the symbol, either the bulb is faulty or some other fault is present and requires further investigation. If you don't have the facilty fitted, remove the bulbs and use as spares.
Barry Somerville
My Cars:

Post by Barry Somerville »

Whilst we are talking Xantia dash lights...Has anyone any bright ideas ( sorry for pun ) to lighten up the air-con switch. Mine is almost invisible in daylight. Thanks in anticipation guys.
big bazza
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

does anyone know how to find out what my car came with when it was brought?, as in abs, etc as would like to find out more about these dashboard bulbs.
dom
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Hi,
Found this whilst looking around, so I'm sure you know already,
but for anybody else, take a look at the Parker's Guide online.
If you look up a review on any model, it has links to:
model history, standard and optional equipment, fuel consumption and perfomance, insurance groups and other nuggets of useful information.
I was hoping that the consumption figures for the Xantia Activa could be markedly improved by more....conservative driving, but alas, not so far.
On the subject of dash lights though, the yellow engine warning light sometimes comes on whilst driving ('96 Activa) and is accompanied by a small splutter from the engine. This is only for an instant, and then is gone.
Any common causes that are known of?
I would prefer not to have to go straight for a full diagnostic on the ECU to find out.
Thanks a lot,
Simon.
sv4195
My Cars:

Post by sv4195 »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shaunthesheep</i>

i've just changed some of my dashboard bulbs<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
How easy is it to get at them? Is Haynes any good?
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

Can be a bit of a pain, you should be able to remove the dashboard lights without removal of the steering wheel (thank god[^]), haynes can be helpful.....sometimes [:D]
there is a few posts on here which should help you.
dom
p.s. found out some more bulbs have blown, so looks like dashboard out again for me [:(]