More alarming

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

lozian
My Cars:

More alarming

Post by lozian »

Hi all,
Further to my posting on 13th June, I have eventually removed the passenger seat and located the alarm control box with relay on board. Checked board and relay. Everything looks and checks normal. Curiously enough there is a green coloured wire lying on the floor with a green coloured identical wire coming out of the control box. These wires were not connected, but have connectors attached which mate up. Connected the wire and tested alarm. Alarm now activates after battery re-connection, and will not deactivate either by fob or ignition or button on dash. Headlights are on steady, not flashing, and siren is single pitch continuous. Serious problem here I think. Disconnected green wire, and all back to what alarm was doing before. Anybody know what green wire is connected to ?. It goes to rear of car behind rear seats into loom. Surely is it possible to obtain manufacturers information on alarms, via possible workshop manuals. I cannot beleieve that no info is available to repair these parts. Hope someone out there can assist.
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

I can't answer your question but on my 1997 Xantia this wire is not connected and like yours, when connected, a low volume tone starts after a while. I think it something they use when installing / setting up the system.
lozian
My Cars:

Post by lozian »

Hi David,
Appreciate your comments. An outside source gave me exactly the info as you have done, which would confirm that the wire in question is probably used to set up alarm. Still baffled with it going off at odd times, after being set. Any info on testing detectors inside car. I know how you can shut them off, via push button on dash, but the alarm still goes off at odd times. It may be that they are not shutting off, although the LED on dash says that they are. MMM!!!. Thanks for your help.
David Goddard
My Cars:

Post by David Goddard »

I had exactly the same problem as you. The alarm going off for no obvious reason. I blanked-off the ultra-sonic sensors with black insulating tape. Thought this had solved the problem for a time. But it hadn't.
Couldn't find a circuit so didn't attempt to trace the fault. It could be that a Citroen garage could check the last alarm condition - maybe a contact on a door lock?
Anyway I gave up and unplugged the alarm ECU. (There is nothing in the car to steel anyway), it has deadlocks and the immobiliser keypad is good security.