Citroen Jumpy II /Dispatch - car radio replacement

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GeorgV
Donor 2024
My Cars: CITROËN Jumpy II Van 2.0 HDI Diesel 128 PK
aka CITROËN Dispatch Box 2.0 HDI 94kW (AHZ (DW10CD) engine)

Citroen Jumpy II /Dispatch - car radio replacement

Post by GeorgV »

Hi,

Another question I wanted to ask.

My Jumpy II (2014) 2.0HDI has a classic radio (no display, just radio/CD) - 1 Inch
I've removed the radio and noticed on the quad-lock connector that only 5 pins are in use (not taking into account the speaker side).

On examination I assume the following
* 12V (always on)
* 12V (acc position)
* GND
* Can bus L
* Can bus H

I'd like to replace it with a 2 DIN model in order to have Bluetooth connectivity as well as iOS CarPlay. At this moment I have no hands-free possibility at all.
I've therefore recently purchased such double din radio. And using the proper cable sets seems to work well.

I've removed it again as the voltage at this moment is bit high (see my other post, a problem that I've noticed before I started considering replacing the radio)
and I'm not sure what the impact is removing the old radio and leaving the CAN bus wires unconnected.
The last two weeks I have used my car without any radio and that did not seem to give any other problems.

Am I missing any functionality now?
Or is the CAN bus connection only required to pass CD data etc.. to the display on top of the dashboard?

Thanks again.
GeorgV
Donor 2024
My Cars: CITROËN Jumpy II Van 2.0 HDI Diesel 128 PK
aka CITROËN Dispatch Box 2.0 HDI 94kW (AHZ (DW10CD) engine)

Re: Citroen Jumpy II /Dispatch - car radio replacement

Post by GeorgV »

Hi all,

We are a few weeks further now and I can add the following:
- Removing the described type of radio only removes the possibility to adapt the clock.
- Does not affect the CAN bus

I will however extend the 5 wires to the overhead compartment and install the original radio in there (speakers not attached)

The 2 din radio fits nicely in the dashboard.

Still waiting for an answer from the workshop. The manager is reluctant to replace the Generator/alternator. The senior technician however is convinced that it should be replaced (over 15V is too high period)
I have one year warranty on the engine which should cover this for me.

If necessary I will replace it myself. Unless that would be a very bad idea. So yes/no ? Please let me know when I need to know something or requires special attention.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Citroen Jumpy II /Dispatch - car radio replacement

Post by GiveMeABreak »

GeorgV wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 10:07 Hi all,

We are a few weeks further now and I can add the following:
- Does not affect the CAN bus
It will affect operation, as the CAN is used for communicating with the multi-function display and the BSI, so other functions apart from time, such as displaying temperature, and for accessing basic fault logs, as well as any features of the vehicle like rear wiper activation in reverse, parking assistance if fitted, etc., etc. What if affects of course depends on vehicle, features and options, but if does have an impact to a lesser or greater degree, depending on these things.
GeorgV wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 10:07I have one year warranty on the engine which should cover this for me.

If necessary I will replace it myself. Unless that would be a very bad idea. So yes/no ? Please let me know when I need to know something or requires special attention.
If you have some warranty, my advice is don't interfere or attempt to do this yourself as they can decline any warranty if you have made any intervention yourself.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc