Xsara Picasso RD3 what are my options

This section is for information and posts relating to Audio Head Units, and Navigation Systems

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Vuk1987
My Cars: Citroen Xsara Picasso

Xsara Picasso RD3 what are my options

Post by Vuk1987 »

Sorry if this subject was already discussed, I tried the search button but I couldn't find the information I need.

I have a Xsara Picasso 2006. with RD3 radio. I want to use more modern sound media, like usb or bluetooth or mp3 cd, etc, and keep my steering wheel controls. I have found potential solution on ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/353575298448?e ... BM1Mjvqeph

but I wonder will it work with my car at all.

If anyone knows the answer, or has some other solution, I would really appreciate it.

If there is any kind of programming that needs to be done, I have LEXIA kit, but I would also need some instructions.

Thanks in advance.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Xsara Picasso RD3 what are my options

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Some things you need to understand:

It will work, but all it does is provide audio via the CD Changer that was an option on the vehicle. As such it is limited to mimicking a 6 CD Changer, so you need to arrange MP3 files accordingly into 6 folders max.

This unit has no Bluetooth, but they do provide a unit with this feature - however it will require using a separate microphone as the bluetooth is in the Yatour unit itself (depending on the version you buy).

You will retain your vehicle steering controls for the MP3 tracks using the SD card or USB and retain volume etc, but the AUX input / RCA jacks are dumb. So audio from a mobile phone for example connected via jack to the Yatour has no track control from the vehicle controls - you need to use the phone itself to change track etc.

You wire the Yatour into the CD port. You may need to use Lexia to tell it that there is a CD changer fitted. Instructions should be included with the Yatour.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Vuk1987

Post by Vuk1987 »

Thank you very much for the information.
I will order it (it's probably going to take months to arrive) and I will share my impressions.
Vuk1987

Post by Vuk1987 »

The order arrived few days ago and I installed the device today. It works as GiveMeABreak told me, and so far I'm very satisfied.
Since, my car didn't have factory cd changer, I had to enable it using Lexia in BSI dialog and audio dialog, but that was not the problem.
The real problem was finding suitable place for it, since I don't think any of the Xsara Picasso models had it.
No place for cd changer there
No place for cd changer there
I decided to place it on top of dashboard.
IMG_20230429_173623.jpg
After deciding where it's going to stand, the biggest challenge was fishing it's cable through the inside of the central console. After disassembling most part of the central console, some drilling, cutting using soldering iron during about one afternoon, the work was done.

Thank's for the advice.

Best regards.
Attachments
IMG_20230429_181500.jpg