Marc's C3 Aircross SUV, Rants Raves & Everything Else

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.

Moderators: RichardW, myglaren

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Marc's C3 Aircross SUV, Rants Raves & Everything Else

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well the Aircross is booked into the dealers next Wednesday for a leaking rear high level brake light.

It seems to be getting a lot of condensation and now water ingress inside the lens. On closer inspection, I can see that the rear windscreen washer nozzle is rather bizarrely incorporated into the lens! I though it was a screw to hold the lens on at first, but no, the jet nozzle is to one side and surrounding this, there appears to be some 'spider web' type of stress fracture surrounding the lens where the nozzle protrudes.

So no doubt this is where the water is coming in from - either from the nozzle somewhere or from water ingress when it gets washed or from the rain or water being 'sucked' back in through the cracks.

So going in for a warranty replacement and whilst I was at it, they asked me if there was anything else that needed doing - so I just blurted out that the Stop & Start failed on the way home after the last time it was booked in for this job.

I told them we made it back through one temporary traffic light, but on approach to the second one - it had stopped working again :roll: .

So I told her they had it in last time for this but it was a waste of time. So they are keeping it for 2-3 days and giving me one of the new C4s that have not long come out.

That will be fun to test out - or will it?
Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

Petrol, diesel, hybrid or full electric? (Just guessing - I've no idea what range of motive power is available).
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

This is the 1.5 Blue HDi DV5RD engine Paul.
Paul-R
Donor 2020

Post by Paul-R »

Is that the same as in your C3?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Sorry, I just realised I think you're referring to the C4 Courtesy car they'll be supplying for a few days....

If that's the case ignore my last reply about the 1.5 Blue HDi!

Haven't a clue what it is - I suspect they won't be issuing EVs as courtesy cars yet as most people won't have any facility to charge it up. So I expect it will be a Petrol most likely as these seem to be getting a resurgence.
Zelandeth
Donor 2016

Post by Zelandeth »

Pretty sure the rear windscreen washer jet on my Pug 107 was incorporated into the high level brake light too.

Which also leaked!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It seems once they push the nozzle in it shatters the surrounding plastic of the lens then! It can't do the internals of the light any good - so I'm getting it done now rather than later - and I'll have to keep an eye on this in case it does it again...
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Well, I've just learned something new today about my Aircross. It has a Particle Emission Filter and Selective Catalytic Reduction system, but it appears not to have any DPF additive pump or additive system at all.... \:D/

I must admit to having double and treble checked, but no - according to the information I have it does not have one on this engine. :-k

I noticed something didn't read right when I was looking at the BSI data and configuration in particular, when I saw this entry:
ECUValue to
be configured
Comments
Multiplexed Diesel Additive PumpAbsentWithout Particulate
Emission Filter
Or
With engines:
- EB2FA
- EB2ADT
- EB2DT M
- EB2ADTS
- DV5RC
- DV5RD
Multiplexed Diesel
Additive Pump
PresentOther Variant
So according this the DV5 engines don't have an additive pump.

So looking at Parts, I confirmed no additive tank:
Marc Tank.PNG
So I do not have:
(15) Fuel Additive Sump
(16) Fuel Additive Cover
(17) Flexible Fuel Additive Pouch
(18)Fuel Additive Pump
(20) PEF Additive Reservoir

It seems the 15, 16, 17, 18 are for Euro 5 vehicles with Particle Emission Filters, and
20 is for Euro 6.1 Technical Emission Control.

I have Euro 6.2 Technical Emission Control. So there must be some jiggery pokery going on with these engines to get round it. I've found no mention wither in any of the technical info regarding 'additive' or associated terms - so will have to look into this a bit more...