Airbag ligths up then driver sits

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Arnasj
My Cars: Citroen C8, Peugeot 206,

Airbag ligths up then driver sits

Post by Arnasj »

Hi, i have a problem, if driver sits air bag lights up after 10-20seconds and stays on... If driver seats empty and passinger sits nothing lights up... Eny have ideas? :D After off ignition and on airbag light off... if driver in seat it lights on :/
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Re: Airbag ligths up then driver sits

Post by mickthemaverick »

Hi and welcome to the forum. I don't know which car you are talking about so I cannot offer any direct advice however I can tell you that on many cars that I have worked on there is ofter a connector for the airbag circuitry under the driver's seat. Since your issue seems to be related to that seat I would suggest a quick check under the seat to make sure that any connectors under there are both clean and tight!! If you post up your VIN, which will be masked from members other than the admins, you may be able to get help from someone in the know. Good luck. :)
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Arnasj

Post by Arnasj »

Thanks for info, my car Citroen c8, connectors looks like connected, i don't know how to disconnect them and reconnect agian, afraid to damaging connectors, tryed to look on net, but no sollid information or connection types :/
meister
My Cars: Renault Clio

Post by meister »

The airbag light could come up if your passenger seat airbag is off. Maybe someone before was carried the child in the front seat and switched off the airbag as a result. So check if the airbag is on. Also, check that the airbag on the passenger side is still existing at all.
Arnasj

Post by Arnasj »

Well i will give update for what i think it is... When air temperature outsaide was +4 and more i heated car to max temp 28 celcius, and it was gone for about 2 days, then one night was colder like -4 and in morning light was on agian, drived a little heated car and its gone agian... must be somethere condensation or something, well.. car technical inspection was done in the two days then light was off, so im good for next 2 years :D So if some1 have issue try heating the car to max :D