no gps signal after firmware update to 2.86

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

hinol
My Cars: 508 sw 1.6hdi

no gps signal after firmware update to 2.86

Post by hinol »

Hi Guys ,after firmware update from 2.80 to 2.86 in my 2014 508 sw GPS stopped working .No visible satellites! I was trying to update it via cd but during the process error appear and threw out the cd. Than I copied the files from the cd to 4gb memory stick and tried update via usb socket. It worked ,system updated but no gps. everything else working fine. visited local dealer and they have checked it ,according to them antenna is working fine ,it is the telamatics problem and they are not able to resolve it. Can You please advise.Thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: no gps signal after firmware update to 2.86

Post by GiveMeABreak »

2 things:

1) 2.86 is a major firmware update and generally resets a lot of the vehicle settings to default values. This often requires the dealer to re-download and configure the RT6 Head Unit ECU / BSI from PSA servers to re-apply the correct configuration files according to the vehicle's VIN.
2) After a major update like this, it often requires a good 15 minutes of driving for the GPS system to lock onto the satellites again. Remaining static won't do this - it needs a drive of at least this time. If you have already done this (as you have been to the dealer I note), then again could be symptomatic of the firmware update / and the configuration not correct.
3) There is a test that can be done to check the GPS aerial if necessary - just plug in a cheap £10 Chinese GPS aerial into the back of the RT6 and go for a 15 minute drive - if the satellites become visible then you know it is the aerial that is shot - if not - it will have to be software or hardware related inside the unit.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
hinol

Post by hinol »

Thanks for the reply.Yes the car was driven for more than 15 min also dealer checked the aerial and said it is working fine.Looks like it has to be software or hardware related inside the unit. The peugeot dealer told me that he cannot do anything more but from what You are saying a re-downlaod and configure of the RT6 unit is needed. Is there something that i can do ? Not many specialsts here in Ireland to look at it either.thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If the dealer is a Peugeot / Citroen main dealer they have the facilities to hook it up to PSA servers and download the RT6 configuration file directly to programme it - and can check relative options are correctly programmed afterwards using Diagbox. It's not something you can do as the ECU is generally locked out requiring PSA server technician access and log in. They should know this - but it depends on how experienced the dealer is on these things - most are not when it comes to telematics!

Marc
hinol

Post by hinol »

Yes.You are 100% right. I will book the car with different dealer and explained them what is the story. Do You think if they will do the update again in case mine for example was missing some files or some were corrupted (i got the cd update with the maps on ebay) it will resolve the problem? Obviously if they gonna do it they will have to configure the RT6 unit after?!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, they will probably charge you for some diagnostic time. This will probably be about £90 for an hour roughly. If you specifically ask them to update the firmware and check the configuration afterwards, then they will have to do it via the PSA servers and apply any calibration updates necessary as part of it.

Marc