Additive tank fault , new tank fitted but unable to clear codes P1434 P1435 U0118

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

DIYDaly
My Cars: Citroen DS3

Additive tank fault , new tank fitted but unable to clear codes P1434 P1435 U0118

Post by DIYDaly »

We've just had a DS3 in with these codes, proved the additive tank at fault and replaced tank but after replacement we were unable to clear the codes in the engine ecu, there was an option for pump programming in the engine ecu that could be carried out but still we couldn't clear the codes after. Using the snap on diagnostic machine its turns out there is another Ecu for the Diesel Additive in which the Tank needs coding though & also level codes were stored In the same ecu and need clearing. Once programmed correctly we were able to clear the codes in the main engine ECU. Ive put a Video together on the repair.
TINLEGZ
My Cars: Citroen ds5 hybrid

Re: Additive tank fault , new tank fitted but unable to clear codes P1434 P1435 U0118

Post by TINLEGZ »

I have ds5 hybrid 2013. i have engine management light on & Orange warning, 'engine needs repair', when trying to drive car this turns to Audio red warning of 'STOP DO NOT DRIVE'. My mechanic connected Snap -On diagnostic machine, which came up with error p1434 'multiplexed additive adding pump, pump fault' He says he can replace with new tank/pump but he says the vehicle will not recognise the new parts & it will need programming in. which he says will have to be done by dealers. i don't fancy having this done by dealers at their prices. Do you think this would work in my situation. His only other suggestion was to get it programmed out & DPF Filter removed, so car has no DPF filter, Pump etc, Thus no warning lights. (£550.00 + vat) Not keen on this idea. Any help appreciated. CHEERS.....
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Additive tank fault , new tank fitted but unable to clear codes P1434 P1435 U0118

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That is illegal if you intend to use it on a public road, so no, not recommended and we won’t provide any support for that action.

For a start, there is no programming as such for the additive pump, it is controlled by the engine ECU.

However, replacing the additive pump also requires the pump to be 'actioned' using the diagnostic tool.

Your dealer will charge for diagnostic time about £90 an hour, so you need to be sure your other mechanics have diagnosed the fault correctly and fitted and primed it properly first of all.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

P1434 - At least 10 litres of fuel needs to be added and driving with the engine hot for 5 minutes for the fault to self-clear.

P1435 can be a network fault between the BSI and the additive pump

I'm not getting a valid fault code for U0118 - so you'll need to recheck that.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc