What a great bunch you all are!

Forum News, Announcements and any issues you're having with the forum

Moderator: myglaren

wizardsend
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Allure
C25 Hymer Motorhome - C5 2.2 HDi exclusive SE - Peugeot 406 Executive - Xantia 19TD Estate
BX 1.9 Est - BX 1.9 Hatch - Rover SD1 3500SE - LandRover Safari 12seat series 2a
Triumph 2000 estate - Triumph 2000 saloon - Saab 95 estate - Ford mk3 Cortina - Austin A60
Austin Mini (Proper mini) - Austin 1100

What a great bunch you all are!

Post by wizardsend »

I foolishly advertised my Citroen C5 2.2 Exclusive SE locally, and quickly realised what a low calibre of people haunt those spaces. None saw the true beauty of the car, no-one had that Citroen weird fluid that runs through our veins.
Then I thought of the French Car Forum ( I know, I can hear you cry, should have done first) put it down to circumstance of space needed, more likely insanity, but that was the way it was.

Within hours, the news had got round the forums here and I had two genuinely serious buyers messaging me. Both of superb credentials and offering good homes for her.
In the meantime I had local people then offering cash, I put my trust in the forum members and refused the easy option, it wasn't the money, it was her onward life that counted.

I know that I will never have a car of that spec, rarity, quality and economy again. I have the memories and the photos.

The forum buyer, knows how I feel, and he certainly had feel for the big Citroens, I wish him well. He too will love to drive her.

But more than anything I would like to thank the French Car Forum and its members for the kind remarks, messages and passing around the advert.

Thank you All
David
To Live and continue to learn
to stay alive is to further one’s destiny
but one has to struggle beyond simple existence
to attain the outcome of fulfilment.
NewcastleFalcon

Re: What a great bunch you all are!

Post by NewcastleFalcon »

wizardsend wrote: 21 May 2020, 12:33 But more than anything I would like to thank the French Car Forum and its members for the kind remarks, messages and passing around the advert.

Thank you All
David
Yes and very kind of you to show your appreciation too.....

..and David you may not have come across it but we even have a thread specifically of interest to folk from Norfolk in our "chat" section.....you may be able to add something to that :-D

viewtopic.php?t=55825

Regards Neil
Only One AA Box left
687 Trinity, Jersey
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Have fun in your new motorhome, David, and if you have any issues remember that the forum may be able to help with her.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

Some really kind words, David, and much appreciated.
We do try to bring something a bit special to the party, and that weird fluid too.

Remember,
Old Citroëns Never Die, they just settle down
Chris
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024
My Cars: 70+ former cars (list available) including 11 Citroens, 3 Renaults
Current cars: 2004 Subaru Legacy 2.5 SEn, 1994 Mazda MX3

Post by mickthemaverick »

Thankyou indeed David for joining the forum and letting us all know about the lovely car you had to offer. There would have been three of us battling over it, if it had been an automatic but its good to see you have passed it on to a member because whichever one that is (and we are all secretly wondering who, but respect the fact that the truth will oust when the member is ready :-D ) you can be confident that the car will go on living with that very special fluid coursing through its veins! :) As Neil suggested have a look around the forum as there are many sources of amusement and entertainment to be found and you will not find a better bunch of characters anywhere!!
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
wizardsend
My Cars: Peugeot 3008 Allure
C25 Hymer Motorhome - C5 2.2 HDi exclusive SE - Peugeot 406 Executive - Xantia 19TD Estate
BX 1.9 Est - BX 1.9 Hatch - Rover SD1 3500SE - LandRover Safari 12seat series 2a
Triumph 2000 estate - Triumph 2000 saloon - Saab 95 estate - Ford mk3 Cortina - Austin A60
Austin Mini (Proper mini) - Austin 1100

Post by wizardsend »

It wasn't the money, it was the thought of her going on to give much pleasure to someone else who will treasure her. I'm already missing that sunroof!!!
What idiot thought up a panoramic glass roof that doesn't open! My Peugeot 3008 allure!
Still got my Citroen C25 Hymer Motorhome, so a Citroen is still on the drive. Apparently that has the CX engine and gearbox.
To Live and continue to learn
to stay alive is to further one’s destiny
but one has to struggle beyond simple existence
to attain the outcome of fulfilment.