DS5 Fault Codes

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vladm

DS5 Fault Codes

Post by vladm » 14 Jan 2020, 16:50

Hi everyone, didn't quite find a propper topic for DS5 error codes but I'll ask here, given the fact its an "issue" in the end :)

So after replacing a faulty pressure regulator & high pressure fuel rail on my RHH (2.0 HDI) DS5, I noticed the dreaded "engine knock" for 10-15 mins idling than it kinda went away and the engine "sounds better". Can this be until the right operating pressure was reached?

On the other hand I've gotten:
P2562 - Variable resistance Turbocharger Position Incorrect in Relation to the Refference Value, not enought turbocharging INTERMITTENT - even if the engine was only idling
P1497 - Variable resistance Turbocharger Position Incorrect Relative to Requirement - INTERMITTENT

Also I get some BSI errors like U1F00 , B162C or B1818 which I've understood that might be generated by engine issues.

Could all these be related? Anyone had these before?

Thanks!
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 14 Jan 2020, 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I've also split this into a new topic as the previous one is a bit too general

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS5 Style problems

Post by GiveMeABreak » 14 Jan 2020, 17:02

Pop your VIN up for me, so I can relate these codes directly to your engine ECU. I suspect you have the DW10CTED4 engine, but it will help anyway.

vladm

Re: DS5 Fault Codes

Post by vladm » 14 Jan 2020, 17:33

Sure VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Thanks!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 14 Jan 2020, 18:06

Ok, so we have:

P2562: Variable geometry turbocharger: Position incorrect in relation to the requirement (Not enough turbocharging).

Activation Reason: Positive discrepancy above 40% detected for 6 seconds between the position reference point and the measured position of the variable geometry of the turbocharger.

Conditions for Activation: Engine Running

Conditions for Disappearance of fault: Driving for 5 minutes when the engine is hot.

Downgrade Mode Present When this fault is active, the EGR functionality is deactivated and the Engine Management Light is lit.

Symptoms:Noise, Smoke from the exhaust, Lack of power or Loss of braking.

Suspect Areas:
  • Turbocharger (Variable geometry open)
  • Turbocharger solenoid valve
  • Electrical harness
  • Position indicator of the turbocharger
  • Vacuum circuit
P1497: Variable geometry turbocharger: Position incorrect in relation to the requirement (Not enough turbocharging) (APV).

Activation Reason: Positive discrepancy above 30% detected for 6 seconds between the position reference point and the measured position of the variable geometry of the turbocharger.

Conditions for Activation: Engine has been running for at least 6s

Conditions for Disappearance of fault: Driving for 5 minutes when the engine is hot.

Symptoms: Noise, Smoke from the exhaust, Lack of power, Loss of braking

Suspect Areas:
  • Turbocharger
  • Turbocharger solenoid valve
  • Position indicator of the turbocharger
  • Vacuum circuit
  • Electrical harnesses
U1F00: The BSI has not detected the occurrence of a fault sent by the ECU that recorded the fault code

B162C: Fault: accessories positive relay control and status not coherent: Relay commanded but inactive.

Cause: The control of the accessory positive relay is active even though the output of the accessory positive relay is inactive;
Relay commanded, accessory positive supply inactive (Voltage less than 5,6 V);
Fault confirmation time: 1 s

Suspect: This can affect supply of electrical components, suspect:
Fuses, Connectors, Built-in systems interface, Supplies protection and management unit.

B1818: There are a few of these, they normally have an other 2 characters after this code to distinguish, but generally relate to the oil measurement display error.

I have to ask - have you changed anything in the BSI using Diagbox? Any parameters for the Head Unit, displays etc? These last sorts of electrical issues (the last 3 codes) can be symptomatic of a mis-configuration in the BSI, so thought I'd ask....

vladm

Post by vladm » 14 Jan 2020, 18:13

Thanks a lot for your help! No haven't changed anything just ran diag on BSI & ECU.

I deleted the turbo errors (P2562 & P1497) and ran the car on idle for 15 mins, reving it from time to time slowly to @ 2500 rpm to build up boost pressure. These faults did not appear anymore. I'll testdrive the car on the real road tomorrow to see if the come up again.
"Conditions for Disappearance of fault: Driving for 5 minutes when the engine is hot." --> this might have happened

On the others, BSI related..I have no clue, I can't delete them and I swear I saw them change once or twice at different scans. Think something is faulty with the wiring or BSI

vladm

Post by vladm » 15 Jan 2020, 13:17

Update
P2562 & P1497 Turbo boost errors solved by replacing the boost controler. The turbo is a VGTs and it couldn't close enough, boost being alays "higher" than needed.
The check engine light came on at high revs than reset itself at engine shutdown. The boost controller replacement fixed this.

For the BSI, doesn't affect nothing in particular, think I need a sw upgrade.

Do you guys know the latest sw versions for ECU & BSI for DS5's?

Thanks!

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak » 15 Jan 2020, 13:23

Not really - you'll need a dealer to do that in any case - as they'll need to check any update is valid for your vehicle.

vladm

Post by vladm » 15 Jan 2020, 13:26

Cool, thanks Marc!