Accident damaged Berlingo abs fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Accident damaged Berlingo abs fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If this was being ordered from a dealer as a new part, then it would be pre-configured for most options - but would still need to be read with the diagnostic and checked to make sure everything was coded correctly - Once they connect up the vehicle to their diagnostics, they would probably check the software version and update it if necessary via their servers and if required.

I would just get the pump fitted, and the brakes bled, then try to start it. If successful you can focus on getting it correctly checked out later to make sure the settings are correct. With the combined ESP system, it needs to have the correct tyre sizes coded etc. so that the stability system can accurately interpret the data. The wrong wheel or tyre sizes can cause incorrect data values for the programme ans can throw up errors down the line for example. Always better to make sure the option are correctly set.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
greenclaws75
My Cars: Berlingo 1.6 hdi 2016

Post by greenclaws75 »

Hi all, bit stuck again!

Well I have fitted the pump and bought Lexia/Diagbox.

Unfortunately I can't get Lexia to run. Diagbox is up and running but returns 'ECU not recognised' for the engine and other system. On the brakes it just says 'communication error' which I guess is caused by the mismatch in parts from the donor vehicle. Are the copy programs not set up for later vehicles ?, thanks all I'm in total despair!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What version have you updated Diagbox to first of all?

Marc
greenclaws75

Berlingo van 16 plate hdi abs module nightmare pt2

Post by greenclaws75 »

Hi all, help needed please to get my van back on the road and restore my sanity!

I have a Berlingo 16 plate van with a damaged abs module.

So far I have obtained a matching numbers abs module from ebay and bought a copy version of Diagbox. Unfortunately I can't update to the later version as the video attached is in Chinese . I found the file in the C:root drive APPLI... but got no further ...

So far I have been able to connect to the van but the ABS module comes up as 'No communication'. :cry: Is there an abs fuse that could have blown as the original abs module was damaged in the accident ?. Does the system have to be bled and piped up to connect ..

I get other messages such as 'ecu not recognised' for the power steering and engine ecu's. If I select the engine ecu from a list matched to the sticker on the van ecu Diagbox reports back 'no data found'. IF I select another engine ecu and do a fault check I get an abs/speed reading error which I guess ties in with the abs pump problem and would explain the engine check lamp..

I'm able to actuate the lights and steering pump so there must be some communication...

Thanks in anticipation of any replies..really don't want to order an abs module from Citroen £££ if it's just a wiring issue :cry: :cry:
greenclaws75

Re: Berlingo van 16 plate hdi abs module nightmare pt2

Post by greenclaws75 »

Just checked the (abs?) relay on the front of the engine compartment fusebox. There is 12v through to the large terminals but no 'click' from the relay so could this be faulty ?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What version of dDiagbox have you updated it to - and if it's not a full chip hardware VCI at least Rev. C, you'll have no chance of getting it to work on a full CAN Berlingo of this year.

If you can advise of the software version (top right hand corner of Diagbox) I can let you know the year that should cover and might be able to help you out with an update. You don't need to touch files in the C:\APPLI folder for updating.

Marc
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

Thanks Sir Marc much appreciated.

This is the VCI I used

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FULL-Chip-Le ... 2749.l2649

The software version is v07.02
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

That software is somewhat below an ideal level. I believe the preferred version is around v7.58 (although I know that, if I am wrong, somebody will update with the best version you should aim for).
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

Thanks gents. .

I managed to update to v7.57 after watching the Chinese video again and now I can clear all fault codes except those for the missing headlamps. :)
Engine management light is now off.

Unfortunately the ABS module is still reporting as 'no communication' so I can't access it to find fault codes or change the configuration.

Any ideas on what to do next before I order a new abs module ?. Is it worth updating diagbox to a later version ?, thanks Steve
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You will need a wiring diagram for the ABS system & confirm that the units has all its power supplies & earths. Don't throw any more parts at it till you have done this.
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

wheeler wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:07 You will need a wiring diagram for the ABS system & confirm that the units has all its power supplies & earths. Don't throw any more parts at it till you have done this.
I have the ABS wiring diagram. Found the abs control unit, wheel speed sensors and earths but can't see the power supply relay. Is it component 0004 ? i'm pretty hopeless with wiring!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I have merged this topic with the other one you created as it is confusing having 2 threads on the same subject - as answers are already being duplicated.

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

greenclaws75 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:52
wheeler wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:07 You will need a wiring diagram for the ABS system & confirm that the units has all its power supplies & earths. Don't throw any more parts at it till you have done this.
I have the ABS wiring diagram. Found the abs control unit, wheel speed sensors and earths but can't see the power supply relay. Is it component 0004 ? i'm pretty hopeless with wiring!
I think that wheeler is saying that you need to use a voltmeter and actually measure the voltages in the wires near the ABS module, using a needle probe through the insulation if the connectors are sealed.

No need to find the relay if the supply voltages are present and correct.
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

xantia_v6 wrote: 26 Oct 2019, 06:30
greenclaws75 wrote: 25 Oct 2019, 21:52
I think that wheeler is saying that you need to use a voltmeter and actually measure the voltages in the wires near the ABS module, using a needle probe through the insulation if the connectors are sealed.

No need to find the relay if the supply voltages are present and correct.
I have the ABS wiring diagram for the B9 Berlingo. Does anyone know which pin numbers on the ecu plug should have power and what the voltages should be ?. Is there a supply from the BIS unit and fuesbox ?. I can see that pin 38 & 13 are earth.

If the ABS module was incompatible should it at least try to communicate with the Diagbox ?. I have tried my spare ABS pump from a Citroen Picasson and that wont communicate either .

I suppose it's possible the ecu plug was damaged in the accident but it all looks fine and none of the wires have pulled out.

Thanks Steve
greenclaws75

Post by greenclaws75 »

Just checked I have permanent 12V to two pins on the ABS plug and two earths so it's getting power okay. Wondering if some of the comms wires might be broken but nothing was touched on the inner wing in the accident. Checked all the fuses I could reach but they are all fine ..