BSI Help

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MAGNUS
My Cars: Citroen c5, citroen c8

BSI Help

Post by MAGNUS »

Anyone can help me??
I have been messin with bsi configuration with diagbox. Now when lights switch is 0 or auto at night al lights are flashing: front, back, intetior, buttons,.... they stop when manualy turn switch to on position. Where can I find stock parametres configuration for my c5 x7 2008 , headlights with hp24w drl,
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 09 Sep 2019, 10:37, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic Split from DRL Thread
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: BSI Help

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's a lesson there - it's not a toy! You can actually stop the car starting if you mess with parameters without knowing what they do...

What section were you in, what did you change? Failing that and if you cannot remember, do the following:

1) Post your VIN here
2) Notify me if you have made any changes to original equipment (like changed the radio / Head Unit) or anything else that was not fitted at factory - this is important.
3) Go back into the BSI configuration and take a screenshot of each page, scroll down and continue taking a snapshot of every page making sure you don't miss any settings.
4) Upload the screenshots here (please don't put links to other image hosting sites - this makes it hard for me to keep switching about). You can use the full post editor, select attachments tab at the bottom:
attach.PNG
Then place them one per line.
5) When you've done that, I will check your installed options against your VIN and compare the settings you have, then I can advise you which ones to change back.
6) Read the warnings here:

https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... hp?t=60600
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
moizeau
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 91 BX TZD Estate. Dead but loved
407 HDI 136 auto
C4 2l petrol coupé
2010 Dispatch III HDI 90
AND a 1980 Z1000ST
AND a 1983 GPz1100 inj
AND a 1995 Zephyr 1100
AND a 1980 Z650 (my moped)

Post by moizeau »

MAGNUS wrote: 05 Sep 2019, 13:51 Anyone can help me??
I have been messin with bsi configuration with diagbox. Now when lights switch is 0 or auto at night al lights are flashing: front, back, intetior, buttons,.... they stop when manualy turn switch to on position. Where can I find stock parametres configuration for my c5 x7 2008 , headlights with hp24w drl,
[-X If you are going to play, do it methodically, one thing at at a time and note EVERY stage. Would you play with the registry in your computer?
Same thing.
Pete
Notice the BX is still top the list but sadly gone
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

BSI's are NOT for playing with - period - it can result in a non-starting vehicle or worse affect the operation of the vehicle safety wise.

Ok, after receipt of your screen printouts via PM, it has taken me a few hours to compare, but here are my findings:

I have marked the wrong settings in red and put the correct entries. Some entries are duplicated on several screens - but they should update the second location once you have configured them in one place.

I have marked the Battery Management as an error as it should be managed by the Battery Charge Status Unit (unless you deliberately want it changed back to be managed by the BSI as per the post in the Forum that I did) - your choice, but I marked it to what the default is.

Your Rain / sunshine sensor settings were wrong along with the climate control - you have Bizone Automatic Air conditioning and that means a Bizone sensor - so I have corrected all that.

As for the Country climate temperatures - the car I assume was not originally bought in Serbia - but as you have that as your location on your Forum Avatar, I have recommended you change the temperate settings as there is one for Serbia and that is listed as a Cold Country.

So all the ones that are ok as far as I can see are marked in Green and all the Red marked entries should be changed to the entries I have marked in red Text.

Regards

Marc

Note! These settings are specifically and uniquely for the specific member's vehicle (Magnus) in case anyone is casually browsing. Please do not apply these to your own vehicle.

Click Images to Zoom
BSIa.png
BSIb.png
BSIC.png
BSId.png
BSIe.png
BSIf.png
BSIg.png
BSIh.png
BSIi.png
BSIj.png
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Post by admiral51 »

Marc that is an awful lot of time and effort taken on your part and i do not wish to play the blame game, but can we make this thread a sticky, it really does show how much damage we can all cause whilst trying to make things right whilst using a Lexia/Diagbox ?