Lexia 3 and key programming

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Lexia 3 and key programming

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes I'm fully aware of that, but that is completely different. There is no limit on programming keys or resynchronising them - it is a maintenance item.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cancunia
My Cars: 2004 Berlingo 2.0HDi

Post by cancunia »

Marc, I appreciate your help on this and would like to hear from anyone else that's added keys.
EDC5
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: Citroen C5 RHR AM6

Post by EDC5 »

cancunia wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 12:55 Marc, I appreciate your help on this and would like to hear from anyone else that's added keys.

What exactly is the issue?

I've reprogrammed keys twice on my car on account of making up extra keys and needing to program the immobiliser chip.

The process is really simple, just follow the prompts on the diagbox screen.

I also had to pay £15 to Citroen for the confidential code and also the key blade code but with both of these I was able to purchase a new key body and have a new key blade cut to code. It was a bit tricky fitting the new blade into the new key but all in, a new key cost me £23 so I'm not complaining.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I believe he thinks he will block his only key from working which is impossible to do Elis. Either the key will be coded with the correct customer confidential code or it won't - end of. :dunno:

Of course when he gets another key, just repeat the procedure and include both keys.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
cancunia

Post by cancunia »

EDC5 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 14:03
cancunia wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 12:55 Marc, I appreciate your help on this and would like to hear from anyone else that's added keys.

What exactly is the issue?

I've reprogrammed keys twice on my car on account of making up extra keys and needing to program the immobiliser chip.

The process is really simple, just follow the prompts on the diagbox screen.

I also had to pay £15 to Citroen for the confidential code and also the key blade code but with both of these I was able to purchase a new key body and have a new key blade cut to code. It was a bit tricky fitting the new blade into the new key but all in, a new key cost me £23 so I'm not complaining.

Thanks for your reply, this has got a bit long winded with speculation & supposition but there is really only one question:

If you put the wrong confidential code in when programming keys, does Lexia tell you about this on the first of the 2 times it asks for the code, or the second?

I'll be glad to explain again why I'm asking if needed, but really, all I'm asking for is a first hand straight answer to the question above

Thanks
EDC5
(Donor 2020)

Post by EDC5 »

I don't know because I have never entered the wrong code. All I can tell you is that once you enter the code, it confirms that it is correct before proceeding with the key programming.

Wrong code = no key programming and therefore no change to the presently registered key(s)

Do you not have the confidential code or something?
cancunia

Post by cancunia »

EDC5 wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 14:44 I don't know because I have never entered the wrong code. All I can tell you is that once you enter the code, it confirms that it is correct before proceeding with the key programming.
Wrong code = no key programming and therefore no change to the presently registered key(s)
Do you not have the confidential code or something?

I'm not 100% sure if I have the right code so was looking for a way to test the one that I have without going through the re-registration process for the one key that I have. My thinking was that if I enter an obviously wrong code and it complains on the first entry then I'll know what to expect when I enter the correct code. Somewhere back on the previous page is a slightly more detailed explanation.

Yes, I can try it and see, but I thought that if someone on here had first hand experience it would save the time & faff of setting up Lexia in my car.
Cutac
My Cars: 2011 B7 Citroen C4 1.4 VTi
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

I've entered a wrong code and it did absolutely nothing, I just received "Wrong code" message and was offered to try again.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Trust Lexia. It will either accept the code and allow you to continue programming the key(s) or it won't and no changes will be made.

If you do have the correct code, you can then go ahead and order a new key then program ALL the keys again.
cancunia

Post by cancunia »

Cutac wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 16:08 I've entered a wrong code and it did absolutely nothing, I just received "Wrong code" message and was offered to try again.

Do you happen to remember if that was when you first entered the wrong code, or if it asked a second time before telling you?
EDC5
(Donor 2020)

Post by EDC5 »

Why on earth would it matter?
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

cancunia wrote: 09 Oct 2018, 14:55
Yes, I can try it and see, but I thought that if someone on here had first hand experience it would save the time & faff of setting up Lexia in my car.

Sorry, you're sending mixed messages and piqued too many interests now. WHY?? :-D
Only Lexia (or a main dealer for a price) can tell you if you have the correct code or not. So either way, you're going to have suffer the faff I'm afraid. Even if you were able to bail out at some point, it's still faff for you laddie :lol:
Cutac
My Cars: 2011 B7 Citroen C4 1.4 VTi
2006 Citroen C4 2.0 VTS

Post by Cutac »

I had to enter a wrong code twice to get that message.