DAB for C5 X7

This unit is the RT4 and RT5 system and is made by Magneti Marelli
Main differences between RT4 & RT5 - RT5 has Bluetooth Hands Free, faster Navigation calculation and on C4 & C4 Picasso only, USB ports and a High-Res screen.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Bandit12
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: C5 X7 diesel exclusive

DAB for C5 X7

Post by Bandit12 »

This forum is brilliant! So many helpful interesting and sometimes plain hilarious posts. Thank you all and long may it continue.
On the subject of DAB I want to keep the RT4 but do miss planet rock. Anyone tried one of those DAB adapter things?

Bandit
2002 Citroen C5 2.2Hdi exclusive estate (sadly gone) :(
2009 Citroën C5 X7 2.0 hdi (136bhp) exclusive estate (Oh wow what an upgrade) 8-)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DAB for C5 X7

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I've split this off into the telematics section Bandit - as it helps others locate relevant info more easily. :wink:

The Citroen offerings were the AutoDAb and EZI-DAB systems. Basically the same as the Alpine systems. There are 2 choices - an add-on unit (the EZIDAB) that sticks out the dash separately controlled (a bit naff if you like the OEM look), or the AUTODAB that is a small box that is heidden away and this fully integrates into the car's RT4 display and head unit. So you can get the DAB display coming out on the main display screen and control it through the steering wheel controls as normal.

You would need to check RT4 compatibility (not RD4) with the dealer as some head units won't interface (like the NG4 that I have).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc