Mounting a camera & Screen to see your pedals

Yes, place your time and money saving tips here.Nothing illegal or dangerous please!Motoring related only please.

Moderator: RichardW

Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: Mounting a camera & Screen to see your pedals

Post by Michel »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: 26 Oct 2017, 14:12 The EU standards are a lot more stringent and if you have a Disability. You have to have an assessment at a driving test centre that has access to an off road track to assess whether or not you're capable of controlling a vehicle..

There's a very good reason for stringent tests!!

If you're confident you can control the vehicle, you've nothing to worry about have you?

If it turns out you can't, then you'll be safer not driving as will those on the road around you.
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Post by Michel »

falling-out-with-my-car wrote: 27 Oct 2017, 17:34 Chris don't you take your eyes off the road to operate you radio, or look your rear view mirror or side mirrors? Just as dangerous. I can move quickly just like you can just have a little numbness that's all.

Yes. But very very briefly.. not looking at a screen working out what my feet are doing!

The point about vans and reversing cameras is totally irrelevant I'm afraid, as those *are* an aid, the vehicle is moving at very slow speed, and the camera is displaying what's relevant outside the vehicle.
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Chris,

None Taken.
My insurance company know already and have done since diagnosis as it would be illegal not to tell them. As do the DVLA.
I was testing your comments last night whilst out and about and glancing at the display screen takes no longer than looking at the
speedo or in the rear view mirror, side mirrors or at the cars central display screen in the middle of the dashboard.
as I pointed out earlier but it seems to have been missed this was never meant to be a final solution.
I am in the process of seeking an automatic car for adaptation which means that I will have to have the assessment done
to see if I can cope with driving the Automatic and a certificate will be issued advising which adaptations to go for.
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.