CITROEN XSARA 1.6 AUTO GEARBOX PROBLEM

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

derek cheah
My Cars:

CITROEN XSARA 1.6 AUTO GEARBOX PROBLEM

Post by derek cheah »

hi,im first time here.hope you all can help me solve the problem,thank you very much.i got citroen xsara estate 1.6 auto year made 1999.the problem is snow mode and sport mode flashing all the time,it can't stop blinking.when i switch on key,the light will flashing.i don't know what problem,i change the gear oil already,but same problem.now got another problem,when engine temp is over 90'C,i slow down the car then the gear shift from 4,3,2 and stuck in gear 2 can't down to first gear,but my car is stop now.when i press the accelator,it jerk then go down to first gear.any one can help me,please [-o< .thank you
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hello Derek, this is a very common fault.

You must first update the gearbox software to the most recent version. I am not sure who is closest for you, but perhaps Surjit can help? He is in 300km away in KL, from memory. Then immediately replace two solenoids in the gearbox; these can be bought from Renault (part number 7701208174), Peugeot or Citroën (part number 0000257416), I buy mine from Aliexpress instead: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product ... 03809.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Be sure to use a suitable auto gearbox fluid; look for your importer of Total or Esso oils and ask for LT7114. It is not very cheap!

Regards, Adam.
derek cheah
My Cars:

Re: Citroën XSARA 1.6 AUTO GEARBOX PROBLEM

Post by derek cheah »

thank you very much.have you know the phone number surjit?or have you got any technician in area penang with their phone number?thanks adam
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

If you get in touch with our member "citronut" he should have an email address for Surjit Singh:

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/m ... ile&u=4644" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I don't know of anyone else competent in Malaysia, although Surjit might! That is not to suggest Brooklands Penang are incompetent, simply I know nothing of them, and many dealers are more focused on newer cars.

Some people may suggest swapping parts including the gearbox computer - I don't recommend this, as it may not have the correct software in it. To download a correct update is better practice.

Regards, Adam.
derek cheah
My Cars:

Re: Citroën XSARA 1.6 AUTO GEARBOX PROBLEM

Post by derek cheah »

thank you.adam.i will contact the member"citronut" .you are right,many dealers are more focused on newer cars. i am the old car so their not focus at all.i knew the brooklands is not a good service.coz many people say their charge is too high.not have good experiance mechanic.btw.i want to say thank you very much.