DS7 towbar

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Silvershark
My Cars: DS7 with factory fitted towbar

DS7 towbar

Post by Silvershark »

Hi Everyone. I received my new DS7 on Monday
I ordered a factory fitted towbar as an optional extra. It wasn't easy trying to find any information on this prior to ordering and even just to find out if it was detachable was difficult enough. Even the dealers were struggling to confirm or find info on it. Anyway it was confirmed as detachable, however when it has arrived it appears to be one which is hidden away and swings out into position. Result! Even better. Trouble is I have no info on its operation. The car manual has very little info other than basic operation and the dealer over the phone had no clue. It basically says there is a handle under the bar which you pull down to unlock the towbar and it should drop to allow you to the click it up into position. Trouble I have is as soon as I start to pull on the handle I feel resistance and I then get an audible alarm from the rear of the car. I'm not sure if this is a warning or something else. Again DS dealer doesn't seem to have a clue and I've spoken to 2 different ones. I'm having to book it into garage next week for them to look at it. Not really what you want from a car 4 days old. Has anyone got any experience of these and maybe able to shed some light on it? At present I have a bicycle carrier I can't use as I can't even see the towbar. Cheers in advance.
Last edited by Silvershark on 19 Apr 2019, 10:30, edited 1 time in total.
Paul-R
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: 2015 1.6 Blue HDi 120 Peugeot 308 Active SW
2013 2.0 HDi 163 C5 Exclusive Tourer
2003 2.0 HDi 110 C5 Exclusive Estate (Gone)
2001 2.0 HDi 90 Xsara Estate (Gone)

Re: DS7 towbar

Post by Paul-R »

Unless someone can provide a definite answer here I would dump the problem back with the dealer - especially as they're due to have the car in shortly.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Possibly it's electric?

Richard W
Silvershark

Post by Silvershark »

Thanks RichardW. I'm pretty sure this is the towbar I have fitted. The issue I have is when I pull the handle I feel resistance and I get the bleep tone but no towbar drops. It just remains up on the locked position. At least I can see now how it should operate. 👍
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Just need to find the switch!
Richard W
Silvershark

Post by Silvershark »

There is definitely no switch fitted to the towbar. It appears mine is not fully automatic and that is what the handle is for under the number to the left of the towbar. It still will not release the towbar so garage it is for sure
Nhokas
Donor 2023
My Cars: DS7 Crossback

Post by Nhokas »

Have you solved the situation?
Any ideia if it is possible to install that model of towbar prior the car leaving the factory?