garage software for citroen

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mcduff
My Cars: Currently: C5 Tourer Exclusive, October 2008 new type, 100 kW HDiF engine. Peugeot 307 SW 2004, 66 kW 2 liter diesel.
Previous: 3x Xantia, 4x BX, Peugeot 309
Hobby: Kaiser Jeep Corporation 5-ton Dump Truck w/w

garage software for citroen

Post by mcduff »

On both the Dutch C5 forum and here, I see a lot of remarks about "use Lexia and Diagbox software" for this and that and everything.

My garage is a non-brand professional garage and uses Hella Gutmann "Mega Macs PC" software for diagnostics etc. Is that a suitable equivalent or does this lexia or diagbox has something special for citroen that this standard garage diagnostic software doe not have? Or is the Lexia or diagbox something that amateurs and semi-profs can use on their private PCs and Hella is the non-brand professional software or ????
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: garage software for citroen

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Diagbox is the proprietory software authorised by PSA for use in their dealerships and authorised approved garages. It is not available to the public, but there are 'modified' versions available - without support or warranty of course.

Diagbox provides more than diagnostics - it contains the Lexia and Peugeot Planet software for earlier PSA vehicles before 2007. Diagbox is used for later vehicles. It does a lot more than generic code readers and is required to undertake certain operations of PSA vehicles. Only the more expensive professional systems who pay for the privilege (probably via licensing) are able to undertake some of the functions that the proprietary software does.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
mcduff
My Cars: Currently: C5 Tourer Exclusive, October 2008 new type, 100 kW HDiF engine. Peugeot 307 SW 2004, 66 kW 2 liter diesel.

Post by mcduff »

Any idea what functions the diagbox does that other generic software does not do? I presume that most non-brand garages will not fork out the funds for a fully prof version of diagbox limited to PSA when they have dozens of other brands and models to service as well. Hella is not really an Asian rip-off firm either.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are too many to mention. Diagnosis covers hundreds of model variations and engines for Citroen, Peugeot and DS Automobiles: live data, diagnosis, fault reading and clearing, guided procedures, unique functions, telecoding, adding and removing equipment, resetting, key programming, advanced suspension functions for hydractive Citroen’s, ECU initialising and actuator programming of gearboxes and other systems - these are some of the functions...

Marc
mcduff

Post by mcduff »

OK. I did ask for that.

I will ask my garage if their software can reset the motor management after adding additive, which was the underlaying question to begin with.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, it will be in the Fuel Injection ECU that this is performed. The additive counter has a procedure to be followed and the counter needs to be reset to zero.

Marc
Theriion
My Cars: C2 VTS 1.6

Post by Theriion »

Hi there.
I recently bought a 2008 C2 VTS 1.6 petrol. Now the time came that I need to start putting money in it unfortunately....
As I am new in Citroen world I'm looking for a diagnostics software. It seems that Lexia3 + pp2200 is the main pick for most people. Correct me if I'm wrong. So at the moment I'm looking to buy one but I can only find expensive ones ore cheap ones with bad rviews ie eBay. I would greatly appreciate if you guys could direct.me to a decent and cheap hopefully set of those diag tools.
Really hope for your advise.

Kind regards
Theriion
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The package you need is 'Diagbox'. That contains Diagbox for PSA vehicles post 2007, as well as the Lexia 3 (Citroen) and PP2000 (Peugeot) for vehicles 2007 and earlier.

As for choice there are lots of sellers, but it is important you get a 'Full Chip' revision 'C' unit. The cheaper ones under the £80 ish mark may not be full chip. So they will be missing some key components, resistors and ability to interface with some newer protocols on the vehicle. This means it will not be able to talk to certain ECUs on some vehicles. At the end of the day it is down to your budget, the quality of the interface and the support provided.

I bought mine from Easydiagnostics, UK. There is a 15% discount for members: We are not affiliated in any way, but they are a UK supplier and provide support.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=60113

Marc
Theriion

Post by Theriion »

Hi there.
Thanks for the input. Much appreciated
Could you please tell me what do you think about this one? It does say it's a full chip. :) I really don't want to spend over £50 and I'm only interested in scanning my own car. I'm not an mechanic. So I'm more likely to buy as cheap as possible but on the other hand I have no idea what modules might be missed via cheaper ones. Ech it was so much easier and cheaper to get this sorted for my BMW.

http://www.cartool.co.uk/wholesale/newe ... kkQAvD_BwE

I'm also gonna add. I am only interested in reading / clearing codes. Maybe some life data. I don't really need anything to code the car or make any changes ect. I just.need something decent to show me what's wrong with the car so I know what I'm talking about when going to the garage ;). But I don't want a device that won't read big chunk of modules on the car or would struggle nto connect ect
Thanks very much in advance

Regards
Theriion
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Theriion, I can’t comment on these as I’ve not used them, but the item is suspect to me as it is talking about replacement components!

You will unfortunately see some advertised as ‘Full Chip’ kits, but they are dearly not. The sellers just copy each other’s descriptions without really knowing what they have!

Unless you are going via a reputable seller with good feedback ( always see what buyers say) it will be a lottery. Price is a general guide. You’ll find most quality kits are about at the £100 mark.

If you go for a cheaper one, you will have to expect problems, but the best thing I can suggest is go for one that is a revision ‘C’ and stated as full chip and then as soon as you get it, test it out and do a global test. If it talks to ALL your ECUs, then take a chance. If not, and there is no communication with any R Us, send it back straight away. As not as described.

Marc
Theriion

Post by Theriion »

Hi there.
So I had a look on that website you provided. I'm thinking about it but... What about PSACOM? Is this gonna be good /better for my Citroen c2?

https://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/cart-page
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I've seen that, or something that looks very much like it on Ebay for a lot less money.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/UK-Ship-PSA ... 3019290183
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.