My Lexia VCI

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2006 C5 2.0 Litre HDI VTR Automatic Estate.(now sold on)
Currently Renault Zoe 2014 ZE

My Lexia VCI

Post by Gibbo2286 »

I still can't get this damned thing to work, been all though the settings on the laptop again, but still getting 'no dialogue' on all the systems.

The software seems to be loaded ok, I get the ding-dong when connecting to the usb and the green light's on.

Anyone up to testing it for me on a known good set up if I parcel it up and send it to you?

I've had the other laptop and the Wurth WoW tool on the car today, it works fine, showed up a lot of faults but I expected that (you know the history of this car) cleared all the codes and will give it another run next week when I've used the car for a week.

I'm not sure how much the Wow tool will do compared with Lexia on the PSA stuff.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: My Lexia VCI

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I think it would be useful to list:
Operating system version and 32/ 64 bit
Have you installed .NET Framework 3.5 if windows 7?
Are you sure it has not been deactivated - have you tried replacing the licence file with your backup licence file that you should of taken when you originally installed it and activated it at 7.02?

If you have green lights on then it would appear to be working, so must be a software issue or activation issue. Also, if uninstalled after being deactivated, and then reinstalling it - it will not work without a thorough clean of all files and registry entries before reinstallation.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 May 2019, 18:21 I think it would be useful to list:
Operating system version and 32/ 64 bit
Have you installed .NET Framework 3.5 if windows 7?
Are you sure it has not been deactivated - have you tried replacing the licence file with your backup licence file that you should of taken when you originally installed it and activated it at 7.02?

If you have green lights on then it would appear to be working, so must be a software issue or activation issue. Also, if uninstalled after being deactivated, and then reinstalling it - it will not work without a thorough clean of all files and registry entries before reinstallation.

========================

XP 32 bit, I've done all the other stuff you mention, so it's been tried on three different laptops a Toshiba with Win7 32bit, a Dell with XP 32 bit and a Panasonic Toughbook with XP 32bit, even reformatted two of them so that nothing else would interfere, also with software from three different sources 'easydiagnostics' and two others whose names slip my mind at the moment.

That's why I'd like to get it tried on a laptop that's already working with another VCI, it's either me, too thick to sort it or the VCI is buggered. :shock: if it's me there's little point in chucking it and buying another.
Man is, by nature, a lazy beast, he does not need twice encouraging to do nothing.
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Gibbo2286 wrote: 04 May 2019, 18:01
I've had the other laptop and the Wurth WoW tool on the car today, it works fine, showed up a lot of faults but I expected that (you know the history of this car) cleared all the codes and will give it another run next week when I've used the car for a week.

Finally got round to running the scam again this morning this is the result

Sorry you'll need to look at them from the bottom up.
Attachments
Diag3.jpg
Diag2.jpg
Diag1.jpg