DiagBox live data

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

admiral51
Donor 2023
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: C5 X7 2009 2.0 HDI VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
C4 2010 2.0 HDi Exclusive VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

DiagBox live data

Post by admiral51 »

I have looked through lots and lots of threads, without the info posted i would not have been able to get my DiagBox/Lexia up and running so a big thanks to all that have posted.
I am not that tech savvy but my question is how do i get a live data diagnostic, ie if i drive the car with the DiagBox plugged in how do i set the DiagBox to record live data ?

Sorry to be a pain but trying my best to keep the C5 on the road
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: DiagBox live data

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Hi Colin.

All you need to do is to decide on the sorts of data you want. Obviously you need to be in the right section or ECU menu to select the type you want.

For example if you went into the Engin ECU, and selected this, you will find several menu options, one of which should be parameters.

From this menu, you can select the standard parameters or custom type, from which you select what you want to measure.

So just leave Lexia connected and secured on the floor after selecting all the parameters you want and start recording, then go for a drive where appropriate. When complete, just stop recording and it will save the graphs in a PDF format.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
xantia_v6
Forum Admin Team
Lexia Available: Yes
My Cars: -
1997 Citroen Xantia V6 (France)
1999 Citroen XM V6 ES9 (France)
2011 Peugeot 308 CC THP 155 (NZ)
1975 Jaguar XJ-S pre-HE (NZ)

Post by xantia_v6 »

One thing to be aware of is that the live data recording takes a snapshot of the data every few seconds, so is good for investigating long term trends, but not much use for transient issues such as hesitation when accelerating.
MikeT
My Cars: 2005 C5restyle 1.6HDI 16v 110hp VTR Estate
2008 C5 X7 1.6HDI VTR+ Saloon

Post by MikeT »

Run a global test first to gain access to individual ECU data, select the ECU you're interested in which then reveals a sub-menu including live parameters.
You will have the choice of Standard or Custom.

Standard offers all the relevant parameters according to category - Air, Fuel, Electrical etc.
Custom allows you to mix n match any parameters from all categories but is limited to just six at a time.

When you're happy with your selection, there's a box at the bottom (right, I think) that starts the measurement recording in the background while showing the live data list in numerical form.
Once you've finished driving, stop the recording which will save it so you can then peruse the captured data in graphical form, as Marc says.
You can then select (ie expand or collapse) each individual recorded parameter all with a common timeline so you can view, say throttle position matched with turbo boost and air flow and rpms etc, etc to a very fine or broad degree.