Diagbox install

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Raul
My Cars:

Diagbox install

Post by Raul »

Hello

I just bought the lexia from easydiagnostics and I would like to install it to my computer. Does the internet needs to be turned off turing the istallation?
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
Citroen gs 1,2 pallas 1977
Citroen xantia 1,9 td estate 1996
Citroen Xantia 2.0 hdi 90 2000
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Diagbox install

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Yes, internet connection off, but keep the network adapter switched on.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Raul
My Cars:

Post by Raul »

I think I got it installed. I updated to 7.57.
1) Was it necessary to connect the lexia device with computer during the installation? I did not connect it with computer.
2)In the instruction there is written that I need to make a backup of the licence file "APPDIAG". Is this the same file as "APPDIAG.SYS"? I made a copy of this file and saved it to a folder on my desktop. I was afraid to open it and just to be sure I would like to question in which case and how I need to use this file?
3) As I understand I need to use the device without network connection. What happens if I accidently hit the diagbox button and the computer is connected to the network? Does it get blocked?
4) When connecting to the car is it better if the computer is connected to the charger. Also is it useful to connect a charger to the car s battery. Can I use the device when engine is running?
5) I went away from the computer for a couple of hours and when I came back I found some alerts:

ACTI-DIAG application error
An internal communication error has occured

and an alert from windows firewall that it has blocked some functions of this program:
psaSingleSignOnManager

Should I click allow for the firewall?
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Raul wrote: 27 Sep 2018, 17:17 I think I got it installed. I updated to 7.57.

Read my guide here:
viewtopic.php?f=51&t=60600

1) Was it necessary to connect the lexia device with computer during the installation? I did not connect it with computer.
Yes - to allow the USB Drivers to Install properly - and I would suggest that you plug the USB into each port on your laptop and allow the drivers to install.
2)In the instruction there is written that I need to make a backup of the licence file "APPDIAG". Is this the same file as "APPDIAG.SYS"? I made a copy of this file and saved it to a folder on my desktop. I was afraid to open it and just to be sure I would like to question in which case and how I need to use this file?
Yes that is the file - NO - do not 'Open' it - just make a copy and keep it safe. If the software ever deactivates, copy the licence file back to the original location and over write the one in the folder.
3) As I understand I need to use the device without network connection. What happens if I accidently hit the diagbox button and the computer is connected to the network? Does it get blocked?
Always use Diagbox Offline - but keep the network adapter switched on - so in other words make sure it cannot connect to any live internet connections. There is always the risk it will become blocked otherwise.
4) When connecting to the car is it better if the computer is connected to the charger. Also is it useful to connect a charger to the car s battery. Can I use the device when engine is running?
Some tips: Always make sure the laptop is fully charged before undertaking a diagnostic session - never rely on battery power alone - always try and keep it connected to the mains. Next, change your Power Saving options on the laptop so that it does not go to sleep or suspend mode when the lid is closed, and also disable all power saving features including the selective USB suspend options in advanced power management settings. If the laptop looses power or goes to sleep int he middle of a coding session it can leave the car's ECUs in an inoperable state.

I would not connect the laptop to the car battery as this can drain the battery or put the car into economy mode, or may interfere with the diagnostics, depending on the tests.

Regarding your last Question about the Firewall: Yes allow all requests or the programme will not function properly.

Marc
Raul
My Cars:

Post by Raul »

I would not connect the laptop to the car battery as this can drain the battery or put the car into economy mode, or may interfere with the diagnostics, depending on the tests.
My question was a little bit confusing- I wanted to ask if I I should charge car s battery during the connection. Is there a possibility that a car s battery voltage drops too low and the system shuts down or smth. I used MPPS tool yesterday and it showed the voltage during the connection and and it dropped from almost 13Volt to 12,10 during the connection. Should I be worried about the car s battery voltage.
Citroen gsa 1299 , 1982
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

If you have a bad battery, I would replace it anyway, but otherwise, it should be fine. The car powers the diagnostic port and of course has to operate the BSI and each of the ECUs as the Global Test is being run.

Marc