Diagbox 6.01 problems

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Re: Diagbox 6.01 problems

Post by Northern_Mike »

Mandrake wrote:Hmm, I think you're still getting a bit confused about the process Mike

No, you're getting confused about what I wrote. Windows 7 automatically associates .iso files with it's own internal component. In this case, when winrar finishes unzipping the iso, Windows *automatically* opens the DVD burning component, tells me I have no writer, and closes.

Associating .iso files with winrar (or any othrr program) stops this behaviour.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Northern_Mike wrote: No, you're getting confused about what I wrote. Windows 7 automatically associates .iso files with it's own internal component. In this case, when winrar finishes unzipping the iso, Windows *automatically* opens the DVD burning component, tells me I have no writer, and closes.
I still don't follow - regardless of what is associated with .iso files its not just going to go and open it by itself. You must be double clicking on the .iso file within winrar - which will extract it to a temporary folder and try to run it, thus triggering whatever is associated with .iso files.

But if you simply drag the iso file from the winrar window to a folder in an explorer window (or use the extract option) as I suggested then it will simply extract the file to the destination. Honest! :lol: I still have the default Windows 7 .iso file associations set on my Diagbox machine, and it behaves as I describe, as did the previous machine I used for Diagbox.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

There are two ways around this. I have V7.06 of Diagbox, which might work, or (if you have any blank DVDs) I have a USB DVD burner.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Mandrake wrote:
Northern_Mike wrote: No, you're getting confused about what I wrote. Windows 7 automatically associates .iso files with it's own internal component. In this case, when winrar finishes unzipping the iso, Windows *automatically* opens the DVD burning component, tells me I have no writer, and closes.
I still don't follow - regardless of what is associated with .iso files its not just going to go and open it by itself. You must be double clicking on the .iso file within winrar
No, I really wasn't. Even in Chrome, it was auto-opening after download. Weird. I put it down to Win7 starter, which does some weird things, and has some bits missing.

Anyway, It's all installed as per the instructions on the video. It detects the interface I have. Haven't plugged it into the car yet, I'll have a go at that later.

thanks for your help!
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. Well I have been back onto the download site, and looked at the youtube video. I can still only get as far asthe profile. The one on youtube has 02FFFFFF, and the one on mine has 02FFF000. It cant be changed and wont let me go any further. Any ideas please. Cheers Bruce.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Not sure what the problem is Bruce, is that with the 7.02 installer that I linked to ? I haven't seen anyone else have a problem with the profile number being wrong - you can't change it and it should be sufficient to just click through it.

Try uninstalling Diagbox completely, also delete any directories it created if anything is left and reinstall. Also make sure you're installing from a mounted virtual drive or a DVD and not from extracted files.

Can't really think of anything else! That download has worked for multiple people including me on three different machines.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. I finally got 7.02 to work, and link up as a Lexia and the Peugeot link. However I keep getting a message "Access to the vehicle communication card impossible" and when i do get onto the global diagnosis, it says "communication card incorrectly installed" What ever I do, it just wont read any Ecu's. Any Ideas Bruce.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

"Access to the vehicle communication card impossible" is an error message you'd normally get if the interface is not plugged into the PC or the driver is not installed.

Is the green light on the interface lit ? If you look in device manager do you see an ACTIA device listed and installed without any errors ?
Simon

1978 CX 2400
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

I told him it would be simplest to post the whole kit your way and pay you!
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. When I click on diagbox the launcher is activated, next diagbox starts. The green light cones on for a second, then flashes 3 times, then stays on steady. I get the brand selection screen, then the vehicle selection screen. When I select the vehicle I get the "comm card" fault. next I get a "connect a vci", then a screen asking if I want Lexia, measurements, or scantool. When I select Lexia, I am invited to enter a vin. When I select scantool, i can get in to tool config. Does this help. I dont know how to access the device manager. Cheers Bruce.
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. Well the sorry story continues... Since I last contacted you, I have been in touch with "Auto Tool Shop" the company I bought this unit from. They suggested I try a programme "Lexia3v46-pp2000v23" I did this but it was much older than the diagbox 5 or 6, and it wouldnt work either. I have been reading other threads, and want to know what the 're-flashing" does, can I do it here in Sydney. I have a feeling the interface is the fault. I have tried to run the checker again, but it cant find "majappcom.exe". I hope there is a fix to all this, Thanks in advance Bruce.
melmos
My Cars:

Post by melmos »

This is to Mandrake, I know this is some time ago but I have been having problems loading Diagbox, so after a google search came across this thread. I have followed your instructions to the letter and when it came to restarting to do the update, it didn't update, so I started again and then there was a problem with the loading of Lexia, so it stopped. I have to say that I have been trying to get this going for 4 days now, can you offer me any advice as you seem quite knowledgeable on this subject
nizzehult
My Cars: C3 1.6HDI 2007

Post by nizzehult »

Old thread, yes but I have a similar issue and need some help.

I bought a Lexia 9780.Z5 clone from a guy who didn't have any use for it anymore (sold the car years ago), he said it was tricky to get it configurated and up and running but he finally made it. Unfortunately he had lost the CD and didn't remember what version it was or exactly how he did it. It's manufactured in 2011.

Now I have spent several days trying to get it running! Have installed Diagbox v7.38 on an old XP laptop and everything looks fine but there is no connection to any ECU nor any clicking sound of the unit when the Diagnosis part in the Lexia program is started. Green light is on.

I even tried to install v5.02 on another laptop according to Mandrakes post here:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=48055&hilit=5.02+patch
but on that one Lexia won't start up hence there is no option of selecting brand. There was two more files in that "kit"; 5.02->5.20 and 5.20->5.29 but after installing the first file I got stuck when the program was started, sayng something like that "the last Internet Update was not succesful so you must contact the support". This laptop has never been connectet to Internet after the program was installed.

I have a friend who has a reader too - exactly the same - and it's working fine on the 7.38 version. It's manufactured in 2013.
It has exactly the same configuration and version:
Current version: Lexia (500.52)
Communications card ID: APPLI_XS_Fuji_P106138A V4.3.0 @ACTIA 02.01.12
Communications card software: V4.3.0
This one is clicking when the program is started and I can read all ECU's.

Why isn't my reader working? Have opened it and it's full of stuff and it looks fine.
Don't see any point of downgrading it. Or should I upgrade it - but how?
Can it have been "banned" in some way? In theory it can be broken but I know it has been working.

All help is appreciated.
"Told you so"
Sincerely,
Your Intuition
nizzehult
My Cars: C3 1.6HDI 2007

Post by nizzehult »

I have solved it. Myself.
I have found a file "PSA Interface Checker Install" by...guess who...starts with "scary.." and if you start up Diagbox and then minimize it and run this program you can "downgrade" your reader temporary to a lower version (it will be upgraded again when you start Diagbox next time) - I had 4.3.0 and tested 4.1.6 and it worked just fine.

There is probably a way to upgrade it permanently but for now I'm fine with this solution. :P
"Told you so"
Sincerely,
Your Intuition