Diagbox 6.01 problems

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elsegoose

Diagbox 6.01 problems

Post by elsegoose »

Hi All. Well after reading many threads, I am confused. I have installed Diagbox 6.01 in a laptop with XP running, then I had many troubles activating it. After about the 5th attempt I got a message "activation sucessful. I tried to run it in lexia mode on my Xantia, there was no dialogue with any ECU,s. I tried to run it on a new Peugeot 508, again there was no dialogue with any ECU's. After more time on the forums I discovered a tool configure area. I opened this up and found my new tool had the following details: Lexia (500.28) APPLI_XS FUJI P 106138A V4.2.8 @ACTICA31.03.11 V 4.2.8. Next I connected an old cable & reader from an old Lexia I had bought about 2 years ago. The old tool had the following details: Lexia (500.28) APPLI_XS FUJI P 106138A V4.2.2 @ACTICA 04.09.09V 4.2.2. I connected up with my Xantia and I could access all the ECU's. CAN ANYONE EXPLAIN THIS AND WHERE CAN I GET HELP Thanks in advance .
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox 6.01 problems

Post by Mandrake »

V4.2.8 and V4.2.2 are the firmware version on the interface - if the firmware version is out of date (for the version of Diagbox installed) then the firmware should normally be automatically updated to the correct version, unless this is disabled by a tweak to the ap.ini file.

6.01 is quite old now, I would suggest that you uninstall and give 7.02 a try:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!jJJ11IhI!Kr2p1iBUR4oxVw_oDec_bA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are updates to 7.15 as well but all you need is the three rar files for 7.02 and the txt and doc file, as if it doesn't work on 7.02 there is no point updating to 7.15.

If you still find that one interface works and the other doesn't, either the interface is faulty, or its a cheap chinese clone which cannot run any version of Diagbox newer than 5.29. If this is the case you can find a download for 5.02 through 5.29 here:

https://mega.co.nz/#F!mMAkSKbY!XLBJ5AGUSi4WN0fmYwEfIg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also if you go back to an older version its possible you might need to manually downgrade the firmware on the non working interface from for example 4.2.8 to 4.2.2. You can do that with a tool called PSA interface checker:

https://mega.co.nz/#!OJZyzCiB!EfVmqzZmz ... MTwbIPfGPQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Let us know how you get on trying these things.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. I only just bought the Diagbox as the newest system from a tool firm in the USA, I guess they are a reseller so I dont expect any joy here. The "face" of diagbox 6.01 looks new (New models), so I would really like to get this working. As I said before, I have an autorun DVD marked SS52 and another with V47 marked on it. Can you tell me where to find the files you mention. Cheers for now Bruce.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

7.02 is much easier to install than 6.01 and any interface that will work with 6.01 will work with 7.02.

See the download links in my previous post. The reason I'm suggesting trying 7.02 is that the above download links are a known good copy with which we are familiar, (its the exact version I'm running myself) there are a lot of older versions floating about and they are all a bit different to install, making it very hard for us to offer troubleshooting assistance with version that we are unfamiliar with.

We have no real idea what might be on the DVD you were supplied or how to install it and what patching it might require.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon, Well still no luck. Is there any charge for Version 7.02, or is it an upgrade. How big is the file. I bought this copy of diagbox because the "blurb" on google said it was the best of the clones. Is there any way to check if the interface is bad. Lots of questions i am sorry, but there isnt anyone here in Sydney who can help. Cheers for now Bruce.
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. Well I took some brave pills and downloaded the Diagbox 7.02 from the mega site. I also downloaded the PSA checker file. Next i guess i uninstall diagbox 6.01. What then looking foward to your instructions. Cheers and thanks in advance Bruce.
Ben82
My Cars: C5 V6 2004

Post by Ben82 »

elsegoose wrote:Hi Simon. I only just bought the Diagbox as the newest system from a tool firm in the USA, I guess they are a reseller so I dont expect any joy here.
That seems very odd actually, since Peugeot and Citroen don't have a US presence (due to the engines not being compliant with the emissions tests in the states).
2004 Citroen C5 3L V6 Auto
Brit living in Sweden with an imported from Germany French Car!
elsegoose

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. Well the story so far is. I have downloaded the 7.02 file, found a rar file extractor, run the installation and when I get to the activation, I have tried using scary01 and 1234567 as the first inputs, 7.02 accepts both. next we come to the activation screen, here I have tried the "not need code" the 32 letters, I am unable to change the 02FFF000 profile. Each time I try I get "error during installation of lexia" and a note to restart the activation. Any ideas would be most welcome as I am starting to lose heart with diagbox. Cheers Bruce
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Don't try to change the profile or code, just click to continue.

BTW if you're getting stuck have a look in the word document on my download link. Within that you'll find a youtube link which is a video made by scarymistake showing the install process step by step from start to finish.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Simon, is there anywhere I can download this from that doesn't automatically want to burn a DVD? I don't have a CD/DVD writer to burn it with and just planned to mount the image using Daemontools..
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Mike, the download link I posted includes a three part rar archive, when you extract that you'll get a DVD iso image however you don't have to burn it to a physical disk - I just mount the iso as a virtual DVD drive using MagicDisc, I'm guessing that Daemon tools can do something similar. (The machine I currently have it installed on doesn't even have a DVD drive)

The main thing is that the files contained within the iso image must appear at the root directory of a drive letter to install correctly - if you extract the files from the iso into a directory and try to install from there the installer will run up until the activation stage but the rest of the installation process will fail. Mounting the iso as a virtual drive is the best (and fastest) way to install it.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Mandrake wrote:Mike, the download link I posted includes a three part rar archive, when you extract that you'll get a DVD iso image however you don't have to burn it to a physical disk - I just mount the iso as a virtual DVD drive using MagicDisc, I'm guessing that Daemon tools can do something similar. (The machine I currently have it installed on doesn't even have a DVD drive)

The main thing is that the files contained within the iso image must appear at the root directory of a drive letter to install correctly - if you extract the files from the iso into a directory and try to install from there the installer will run up until the activation stage but the rest of the installation process will fail. Mounting the iso as a virtual drive is the best (and fastest) way to install it.
My fault Simon, I've got no DVD drives either. What I have got is Windows 7 32-bit starter on this netbook, which wants to burn a DVD immediately after download. Then deletes the iso if I click cancel, as it can't find a writer. Handy eh?

I'll download them using Linux, then copy them to a USB drive.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Try extracting the rar files using winrar instead of the built in archive support of windows 7.

Then mount the iso image in MagicDisc. Works for me :) I'm using Win 7 32 bit as well, albeit professional not starter, but I don't think that matters.

PS what browser are you downloading with ? mega.co.nz doesn't work properly with IE, I'd recommend Chrome.
Simon

1978 CX 2400
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Thanks Simon, it hadn't occurred to me to change default file types after I installed Winrar. It only takes 22 of 24 types from Windows, the two which it leaves are .iso and .img. Clever.

Now downloading again for the 3rd time tonight. I hope it'll work with the Berlingo, C5 and interface I've got.

I'm using Chrome of course.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

Hmm, I think you're still getting a bit confused about the process Mike, you don't need to associate iso files with winrar, because although it can extract the files from an iso that's exactly what you don't want to do, as I was explaining earlier.

Here's what you want to do:

1) download Diagbox V7.02 parts one two and three into the same folder, all of which have .rar extensions. Don't try to open them from the browser, just save to disk

2) Install winrar if not already installed, and install MagicDisc or some other program that can mount iso images as a virtual drive letter.

3) Double click on the part1 rar which should open it in winrar and show an iso file. Simpy drag this to a folder in explorer to extract it. There is no need to open the part2 or part3 files, as long as they're in the same folder as part1 winrar will find them automatically. (The iso is spread across the three files)

4) Don't double click the iso file, go into your virtual drive software and mount it. In MagicDisc this is done through the tray icon near the time, right click and go to the mount option and browse to the iso.

5) you'll now probably see an autorun window pop up, choose to run setup.exe. If not browse to the new drive letter for the virtual drive in Computer in the start menu and run setup.exe from there.

From that point follow the Youtube clip linked in the word document for the actual install process.

It's important that you don't try to extract the files from the iso using winrar and run setup from within winrar or from within a folder you've extracted the files to as it won't work! ;) The installer will start running but it will fail late in the install process. It must be installed from a drive letter which means a physical DVD or a mounted virtual drive.
Simon

1978 CX 2400