Back to reality for some advice.

This unit is the eMyWay system, also referred to as RT6, RNEG2, or WIPNAV+ for the Peugeot platform and made by Magneti Marelli.
Main Features: The eMyWay colour satellite navigation has high resolution mapping, Bluetooth Telephone & Audio Streaming supported profiles, USB support for Media files & CD

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: Back to reality for some advice.

Post by GiveMeABreak »

qprdude wrote: 16 Oct 2017, 16:33 I'll leave it until I get something sorted elsewhere, then review Wilmoths online!
Wish I knew how to get in touch with Citroen HQ.

Citroen Uk Ltd - Head Office
Pinley House, 2 Sunbeam Way
COVENTRY, CV3 1ND
08444 630010

And if you look on Citroen's own Navigation site below, you can see that at the bottom , they require a minimum software (firmware) version for the maps to work (2.10) - that is the MINIMUM - and indicates that the dealer can do an update.
http://citroen.navigation.com/product/C ... enEMEA/GBP

The 7 digit postcodes are entered into the town field methinks - but this only came in on 2.80 and up with the correct map versions too. V2.80 also fixed the contrast issue with the reversing camera. Many complained about this and that was the way they got the dealer to do the firmware update - which of course has the advantages of the post code update!
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

Told you!
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Cheers. I'll copy and paste that info in an Email to Wilmoths manager at a later date.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Latest update (no pun intended)
West Heath garage got back to me and said there is an update. It is CD based and they can order one up for me. Bad news is, I can't get one myself from Citroen.The garage want £61 to install the update. The guy was honest with me and said they have to have a technician in the car to follow onscreen instructions. Fair enough I suppose.
Thinking to do the job myself, I emailed Citroen UK customer services (a misnomer if ever there was one). I simply asked if I could purchase an upgrade for my sat nav Firmware. The emailed back and told me to go to Wilmoths of Guildford. I replied saying that Wilmoths PSA trained "chief technician" told me there was no update available. I explained that the other dealer would order a CD and install the firmware for £61, but if Citroen would sell me the CD, I would do the install myself. She replied again, telling me I should go to the dealer who would install the MAP updates for me. I was getting a bit narked by this time so I emailed back, asking if she was actually READING my emails. I explained again that I had made no mention of map updates, and what I required was a Firmware update. Did she know the difference?. Obviously not, as she replied that they could not help me from customer services and that I should go to the dealership. Customer services my arris!
The guy at West Heath said that the upgrade should give a 7 digit postcode search, but it was notoriously limited, with many UK postcodes not being recognised. He said he had a lot of trouble finding what was actually on the CD and no-one at Citroen could actually tell him. Welcome to my World!
The bottom line is this. Having got the West Heath manager to find out all the information for me, I feel almost obliged to have them do the install, rather than just sourcing a CD for me. They are a decent bunch there, and I was impressed with the work they did on my C5, including leaving the car on the ramps and showing me the faults they had found at service, and contacting the warranty people saying it was a part failure rather than wear and tear, so I paid nothing. More importantly, he checked the service history, and said the service, using only OEM parts, would be done for £156, rather than the Citroen quoted "Fixed price" OEM service of around £200.
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Thanks for the update Rick. I can't say I'm surprised to be honest!

It is critical that if you go ahead with the firmware update on CD - that you must inform him that there is a Bluetooth Calibration File that is downloaded via there services IN ADDITION to the actual CD firmware update. The only exception to this is if it has already been applied - but the server should be able to determine this once the update is applied. As previously said, this fixes an echo heard by people you call at their end and is quite annoying and also fixes the reversing sensor volume too. This calibration file fixes that apparently - but I must emphasise it is additional and not on the CD.

God, I'm going to have to get a job at their Head Office.

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Cheers Marc.
What do you think of this Ebay CD.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Very-Latest-2 ... Sw2n5ZgHeg

It would appear to have both Firmware AND map updates.
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Obviously I can't comment in detail Rick as it is hookey software - I've sent you a PM

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Got it Marc. I'll wait for the official one at next months service. I'm assuming the garage will be insured against failure ! 8-[ 8-[
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Here's the official site where you can do it yourself easily enough after they have done the firmware for you - that is the awkward one, not the maps Rick :wink:
http://citroen.navigation.com/product-l ... enEMEA/GBP

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Am I correct in assuming that I will only need the UK and Ireland maps for the 7 digit postcode search to work?
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It will work fine with the UK and Ireland version Rick - most other European countries only use 4 or 5 digit codes anyway like France & Germany - which is the reason why the same 5-digit system used in the UK caused such a fracas- until all the complaints started flooding in! Mine can only use 5 digits - there is no update to resolve that, but as I can use voice commands to operate and tell it the address I want, I don't have an issue - but if I had to faff about scrolling up and down tweaking dials and knobs to get from A to B, it would be a different matter :-D

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Cheers mark. It's not such a big deal, as most of my addresses are in the memory, so just one scroll and a couple of presses of the main button is all that's needed. I just like things to work as they were designed to. My next job is to investigate the "voice commands"
Rick.

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Post by GiveMeABreak »

One big improvement over the RT3 Navidrive voice synthesis - they managed to actually pay someone this time, who hadn't downed a bottle of vodka, 10 Barley Wines and 4 packs of Gauloises before they digitised her voice!

Marc
qprdude

Post by qprdude »

Progress.
Car was serviced today and cost me a few quid! Oil leak suspected from the gearbox, but when I explained that Richmond Citroen of Portsmouth (name and shame), had replaced a crankcase seal in June and I doubt very much whether they would have bothered to clean up residual oil. They might even have spilled more during the refilling of the box, such is my confidence in their abilities. I paid to have the oil cleaned up with a view to returning in a couple of hundred miles to see if it was spillage or a leak. If it is a leak, it will have to go back to Richmond, 8-[ :grr: , for a re repair.
West heath Citroen Garage also found turbo pipes had been wrongly refitted at some point and were rubbing against an engine cover locating peg. Fortunately, it hasn't rubbed right through and should be OK. Paid to have them re-routed as specified in the book.
Lower front suspension wishbone bushes cracked (rear) which he said must have been like that when I bought the car. Apparently they don't change bushes now, just the whole arms. Cost? £538. :shock: . So total cost around £280 for today's little adventure.

I've kept the best to last though.

I now have Sat Nav firmware version 2.86 B1, Loaded from Citroen supplied CD no problem. The service manager gave me the CD and said as far as he knew, it was ordered for the Nav system without needing a code. I have my doubts that it would work in any other car though. Now all I have to do is save up my pennies for the new maps. I have noticed that Citroens map download site no longer advertises UK maps as stand alone download for £61. They are now lumped in with "Europe maps" at over £120 (I think). When I've paid the credit card bill, I will investigate further.
Rick.

Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 21 Oct 2017, 15:14 One big improvement over the RT3 Navidrive voice synthesis - they managed to actually pay someone this time, who hadn't downed a bottle of vodka, 10 Barley Wines and 4 packs of Gauloises before they digitised her voice!

But she does sing well..........
Last edited by myglaren on 14 Nov 2017, 17:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: YouTube link
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting