Upgrades for old Clio?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Upgrades for old Clio?

Post by qprdude »

SWMBO has a 2008 Clio and won't part with it. It's a 1.2 petrol Campus sport.
It has done under 6000 miles and is in great condition for it's age.
Needs the cam belt done so she is going to book it in next week. Been quoted £198!!!!!!, which seems very cheap. I suspect that's without the water pump, but we've had several quotes from £220 up to £350. Still thinking about it.
Because it's a basic car, I wonder if anyone has any advice on adding rear park sensors. I know they are widely available and reasonably priced but I would like ones with a digital screen to go with the audible warning.
I'd also like to add blue tooth, probably via a sat nav as hers is well out of date now. I have no idea how they work or if they are worth the effort. I'm assuming that you would have to touch the screen to answer a call? Don't know about MAKING a call but it sounds a bit iffy to me. Anyone got any advice?
Mine was to part exchange for a car with that stuff already in it, plus A/C which she doesn't have.
No deal she says, the Clio stays!
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.