How To Read Code

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sikez
My Cars: Peugeot Partner/1.6Hdi/2014
Renault Scenic/Megane 1.9dci 52-plate

How To Read Code

Post by sikez »

Hi everybody new here and a very good site, Spent many hrs reading various posts so i thought it's time to see if i can obtain a little help,

I have a 52-plate Renault megane/scenic 1.9dci with 143,000miles on her..have tackled a few jobs just finished putting the manifolds and turbo back together along with the cats not bad a 2-day around and runs smoother although i do have an issue with the 'engine management /glow plug light' coming on in a morning on the first 50mph road i come to, The car starts fine no smoke,it takes about 4-5 minutes to get to the 50mph road and once on it i put her into 4th get her to 50 mph and the light comes on, no drop in performance doing mid 40's to the gallon, i stop turn her off then restart and it goes out and stays out, i drive back home later in the day and no light at all..i have de-coked the 'egr' and all moves as it should checked turbo and runs like a good-en...what code reader would i need to be able to read the codes? i have a basic one but doesn't show any faults allthough their clearly is...the cars got a few more years left in her yet so want to keep it running right so any help would be appreciated. :?

many thanks.
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: How To Read Code

Post by elma »

Canclip is the special Renault one.
http://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/shop/4 ... e/11179574
I didn't get as far as buying it when I had a Scenic so cannot advise how to install or use it.