laguna mk3 cabin/ pollen filter replacement

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

laguna-man
My Cars: Renault Lahuna MK3 2.0DCi

laguna mk3 cabin/ pollen filter replacement

Post by laguna-man »

As many people asked how to change and also mentioned where is it located... here is the solution for those.

-------- RIGHT HAND DRIVE LAGUNA MK3 2008 2.0DCi--------

It took me about 30min to actually find it.. and about 1.5 hour to change because i had to find my way. (very awkward to change it though)

So...,
Location: passanger (left) side behind middle-consol on the bottom.
p.filter-location2
p.filter-location2
p.filter-location
p.filter-location
*** DISCONNECT THE BATTERY ***

HOW TO GET TO IT:
-open door, left side of the dash... take it off >> firmly but carefully pull from the front to left
side-panel
side-panel
-then there are four screws to remove, two are on the left (top and bottom of the LEFT hand side of glove box) AND two more on the top of the glove box what you can see only if you open the glove box (check from low angel)
top2screws
top2screws
-then you need to pull the glove box out of its place. Pull from the left and from top as well and it will come out fairly easy.. but be careful.
box_out
box_out
box_out2
box_out2
-then ther is a long, purple & green connector which i strongly advise you to remove as you might brake it but for sure you will have hard time (even harder) to remove and replace the filter.
you CANNOT JUST PULL IT OUT!!! YOU NEED TO TURN TO THE LEFT TO VERICAL POSITION then pul it out (will come out very easily) - when you put it back you need to do the opposite (from vertical position turn right to be upright but you need to push in a bit - will go back very easily)
connector_out
connector_out
connector_out2
connector_out2
-then remove the panel beneath the glove box. Next to it, there is black plastic tube (air) need to remove from its holders (top & side) - see picture below
you will aslo have to remove that big plastic tube above the feet (pull it downwards and remove 1 clip of it - i already removed so you cannot see on picture, but you cant miss that)
panel_and_tube_out
panel_and_tube_out
-then remove the panel (se pictures below) to actully get to the filter-box.
pull it first from the inner side (firm pull but dont break the clip)
panel_remove
panel_remove

NOW, THE FUN PART BEGINS HERE:
After you removed the panel (last step) you will see the cover of the filter (refer back to the 1st and 2nd images). you need to un-clip it from the very bottom of it. Put your finger under the box (try it from beneath those 2 pipes - it was "easier" for me) and un-clip it. Very hard to reach and get the grip of it.... i used a flat screw driver to help it but DO NOT BRAKE IT!!!!!!!
I had a one-piece filter in which i had to force out then put the two-piece back one-by-one. Put the first one in properly then push it up AND hold it there then slide the second one in... since i hade to push & hold the first one with one hand and push the second one in with the other hand... its just very awkward (well, is french) and the space is very tight.... like very tight.

****** make sure the "AIR FLOW" arrow pointing INWARD towards the seats (see the side of the filters) ******

When you have finally done it, put the cover back: clipit in on the top FIRST then the bottom one (YOU MUST HEAR A CLICK!!!!!!)

CONNECT THE BATTERY AND TURN IT ON - I had a "check anti-pollution system" dash error which has gone luckily :)

Assemble your car and ready to go...

Please let me know if it helped you!
Happy fixing!
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: laguna mk3 cabin/ pollen filter replacement

Post by elma »

That's a damn good first post.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

It certainly is - but what a faff!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

That sort of shennanigans for service items should be banned! Renault however, have form: https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 22&t=44733
Richard W
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

The Scenics pollen filter took me a few attempts to work out. Looking at these other Renaults though I got the easy one.
laguna-man

Post by laguna-man »

RichardW wrote:That sort of shennanigans for service items should be banned! Renault however, have form: https://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/ ... 22&t=44733
Yes, but that is a Megan.. is not always the same.. i actually checked that one and than i hoped laguna will be the same but was not! The only one actual instruction i found was for the left hand drive car and is again not the same.. if somebody has an easyer way to get it changed please let me know! :)
laguna-man

Post by laguna-man »

elma wrote:The Scenics pollen filter took me a few attempts to work out. Looking at these other Renaults though I got the easy one.
Mine had a big one-piece filter which i had to force out. I was wondering, how the heck did they fit that in? Then when i saw the filter i was wondering WHEN did the previous owner changed that, cos the air pressure was a bit low in mid range.. first i thought is the AC, need to re-gas it but then i suspected it is the pollen filter should be...
Last edited by laguna-man on 24 Jan 2017, 15:54, edited 1 time in total.
laguna-man

Post by laguna-man »

myglaren wrote:It certainly is - but what a faff!
It might come handy :-D specially that I looked for it but no-one had instruction on Laguna MK3...
Its quite funny though.. you have to demolish the dashboard to change a filter. The oil filter loaction compared to pollen filter is "very confortable" to reach :-D

Well, French car..