KEYLESS ENTRY QUESTIONS AND PASSENGER DOOR LOCK FAILS

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

totallytech
New User
My Cars: 2008 (58) Laguna

KEYLESS ENTRY QUESTIONS AND PASSENGER DOOR LOCK FAILS

Post by totallytech »

Hi All,
I've recently picked up a 2008(58) Laguna, with the sat nav, half leather etc. It's a lovely car but I'm struggling with keyless entry. I've left the key in my pocket and tried pulling the handles and pressing what looks like a button/sensor but nothing seems to work so I'm just using the buttons on the key lol. Can this be turned on or off? Is there something I can do to check this?

Also for some reason when I've unlocked all the doors, I get in the drivers door but the passenger front door is still locked and can only be opened if i pull the handle inside. All the other doors are open so not sure what's causing that :)

Any ideas please?
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: KEYLESS ENTRY QUESTIONS AND PASSENGER DOOR LOCK FAILS

Post by elma »

The keyless entry can be quite awkward at times. Start by putting new batteries into the card, that usually helps even if all the other functions are working. In winter you often have to stand with your pocket right against the car to get it to work. To open you should just need to put your fingers behind the handle in front of the black plastic which covers the sensor. Clean this plastic, it makes a huge difference. The button on the handle is for locking, one press to lock and a second to deadlock. These buttons fur up quickly and need a clean every couple of months.

Not sure about your other question, sounds like a faulty solenoid but I've not been in there on a Renault for a look.