Scenic eating headlamp bulbs

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Re: Scenic eating headlamp bulbs

Post by CitroJim »

A fibreglass 'pen' is the perfect device for cleaning contacts...

Like one of these...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

I'd quite forgotten all about those, Jim.
Now on the pressie list!
Chris
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Post by elma »

Thats the plan, I have contact cleaner and wire wool. I'm going to get wet n dry and little brushes before I get stuck in. The spray grease is for afterwards to preserve all my hard work.

I didn't get around to the window, the wires is a good call and well worth a check. The door lock buttons are working on all four doors again after a good clean though.

I think I'll add this briefly to my blog and carry on there, it's getting more complicated than just bulbs now.

Haven't felt the cold badly today. I'm interested in some thin heated gloves, I don't like thick ones as I have to take them off for dog bags and things. I might get a thick down coat or body warmer mines fake down and not as warm as it could be.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

white exec wrote:I'd quite forgotten all about those, Jim.
Now on the pressie list!
I hope Santa knows what they are Chris ;)

I first met them in 1975 when I was learning my trade... We used them on relay contacts and the like and I've never been without one since...

They are great for cleaning up tarnished wires and similar before soldering too...

Truly a tool with a thousand and one uses and an essential for every toolkit :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
white exec
Moderating Team
My Cars: 1996 XM 2.5TD Exclusive hatch RHD
1992 BX19D Millesime hatch LHD
previously 1989 BX19RD, 1998 ZX 1.9D auto, 2001 Xantia 1.8i auto
and lots of Rovers before that: 1935 Ten, 1947 Sixteen, 1960 P5 3-litre, 1966 P6 2000, 1972 P6 2000TC, and 1975 P6B 3500S

Post by white exec »

I remember RS selling them, as a 'glass brush' or something like. There was a warning to avoid skin contact, presumably because the glass fibres could pirece the skin.
No shortage of dirty relays here!
Chris
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Don't remember them, but when I first dealt with them they were 'Radiospares' at Maple terrace just off Tottenham Court Road. :wink:

Peter
elma

Post by elma »

Totally missed the pen earlier, works just about to order me one.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

white exec wrote:I remember RS selling them
Peter.N. wrote:Don't remember them, but when I first dealt with them they were 'Radiospares' at Maple terrace just off Tottenham Court Road. :wink:

Peter
I remember RS when they were Radiospares... Must be getting old :roll:

Remember 'Willow Vale' Peter? I recall they used to sell their own-brand TV valves back in the day...
Jim

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

Yes, had an account with them. :? :|

Peter
elma

Post by elma »

I have a set of those pens ordered in fibre glass, brass and steel. Good timing as the fan issue came back and I could see the interior lights beat matching the stereo slightly when I parked up. It hadn't done it for 24hrs since I poked the alternator and battery connectors so I'm confident that the problem is found.

Dropped into the motor factors to pick up the air, fuel, cabin, oil filters and a set of plugs I ordered on Saturday. £99.something they asked for!!! I nearly laughed out loud. I asked them for an itemised breakdown and they wanted £25 for the air filter and £35 for the oil (4 litres), the rest was as expected. Seen as I didn't ask for oil or a silk woven gold plated air filter I left them behind and the bill was £38. Need to find an air filter now and get the oil in Asda which had magnatec fully synthetic for £21 on Sunday. With the MOT and another long run looming I'd better get my finger out. Wales is swamped with wind and rain today so I'll not be tending to the window motor or the servicing this evening.