Captur / MediaNav, electronic noise?

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MortyDK
My Cars:

Captur / MediaNav, electronic noise?

Post by MortyDK »

Dear all,

I have tried googling this intensively, but without luck. 8-[

My parents have a 2016 Renault Captur. There is an intermittent very high-frequency noise. It's like a very faint beeping sound, at an extremely high pitch, I'm guessing 14000 - 20000 KHz. (I have no idea about the actual frequency, but it's about as high as the whine old CRT TV's made, i.e. so high frequency that many people cannot hear it).

The sound is driving us nuts. The seller says it's the turbo, and that it is a design flaw in the car, meaning in effect that he can't do anything about it and we just have to live with it.

It's intermittent, and neither tied to the speed of the car, nor to the revs of the engine. For that reason, I don't really think it's related to the turbo at all. My guess is that it's electronic noise, possibly coming out through the speaker system, or possibly coil whine.

This Captur has the middle MediaNav satnav/media computer solution, with the latest software installed.

Does anyone here have some clues to go on? Solutions? Any help is greatly appreciated!
Xantia 2000 2.0 16V 132 BHP petrol
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: Captur / MediaNav, electronic noise?

Post by demag »

2016 so it's still under Renault warranty.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.