Megane 111 radio not working

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ODBODD
My Cars: Megane 1V 2017

Megane 111 radio not working

Post by ODBODD »

2009 Megane 111 1.5 diesel. The radio suddenly would not turn off or respond to controls and now will not switch on. There is nothing besides the RENAULT and the temp on the screen . Have checked the fuse in the glove box. Any ideas please?
elma
My Cars: Undisclosed

Re: Megane 111 radio not working

Post by elma »

I'd suggest removing the radio and checking the power lead with a multimeter for 12v. If its present your radio is faulty if not then a little digging should find your 12v.

With radios there's usually a fuse in the fuse board (glovebox on Megan I recall) and also one on the rear of the radio itself. If you've only checked one then it's worth checking the other.
ODBODD
My Cars: Megane 1V 2017

Re: Megane 111 radio not working

Post by ODBODD »

The fuse listed in the Haynes manual doesn't seem to do anything ,so I took the glovebox off to access all the fuses. I removed and replaced them one at a time and on replacing a 20 amp fuse the radio worked again. The fault has occurred a few times since and cancels on removing and replacing the same fuse. The fault only seems to occur when I switch my new smartphone on and pair to Bluetooth. If I unpair the phone everthing is ok. Why would the phone cause this?