electronic handbrake

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

neebie

electronic handbrake

Post by neebie »

Just had new disc;s and pads fitted all round to my 06 laguna 1.9 dci estate but it is now coming up with a handbrake fault is this a simple reset or worse. The handbrake was working fine before I had my brakes and service done and now the mechanic says the motor is gone. Any answers to my problem would be a great help.
many thanks Neebie
demag
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: "H" Citroen Bx Tgs Automatic.
2006 Toyota Prius T4 Gen 2.

Re: electronic handbrake

Post by demag »

You might need to get a software reset now.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Dave
2011 Peugeot 3008 1.6hdi Exclusive EGS.
'04 C5 auto estate 2.2 hdi. Gone.
Bx 1.6 TGS Auto 50k A rare beast by all accounts. A bit tired but getting better by the day. Gone.
'96 XM 2.5TD VSX.......Sadly sold. What an idiot! I should have held on to that.
steelcityuk
My Cars: not applicable

Post by steelcityuk »

I'd say that the mechanic needs to get it fixed. If it worked when it was taken in it should work afterwards. I'm tempted to say the mechanic doesn't have the tools and/or knowledge to work on such cars. So 'they' need to take it to someone with a Clip inteface and get it's codes read. Assuming it's the same as a Scenic I wonder if the the emergency parking brake release was pulled. This happens a fair amount on Scenics leading to the inevitable problems.

Steve.
not applicable
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Post by ferkemall »

Remember the days when a handbrake was simple rachet that pulled either pulled 1/2 cables !