Missing Locking Wheel Nut Key!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Missing Locking Wheel Nut Key!!!!

Post by brmartyn »

I'm very angry with myself at the moment :evil: :evil: - yesterday I arranged for a guy to come and meet me at work to repair one of my rear tyres as it currently has a nail stuck in it!!!!

I opened the boot to retrieve the locking wheel nut key but to my dismay I haven't got the key!!!!!!

As most of you know I haven't had my Megane that long and when I purchased the car I looked in the boot and saw the plastic box which should have the key in and never actually looked to see if it was there!!!!

Needless to say the repair guy was very happy and I felt like such a fool!!!!!

I've had a mechanic friend try to remove the nuts this evening but with no joy!!!!

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME PLEASE - or has anybody any suggestions as I really don't wish to visit my local Renault dealer and pay a stupid amount for a replacement key!!

Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
R9UKE
My Cars:

Post by R9UKE »

I have the same wheels on my Meg. I think all the keys for these wheels may be the same. Will check mine tomorrow and let you know!
French is best.
andmcit
My Cars:

Post by andmcit »

Those look like McGard bolts and they are all different although replacements
can be bought with the code. I KNOW what a faff losing the key is as this is
something I've had the misfortune with now on 4 Xantiae. :evil:

www.mcgard.com/
Nothing moves you like a Citroën
25v6turbo
My Cars: Safranes.....

Post by 25v6turbo »

The keys are not the same,find your service book and HOPE its recorded in one of the first pages,its usually there maybe starting FER......
Then as much as you may hate it,visit your nearest Renault parts with the service book and get one on order,will be around £20 and about a week or so to order.
brmartyn
My Cars: Citroen C8

Post by brmartyn »

25v6turbo wrote:The keys are not the same,find your service book and HOPE its recorded in one of the first pages,its usually there maybe starting FER......
Then as much as you may hate it,visit your nearest Renault parts with the service book and get one on order,will be around £20 and about a week or so to order.
Thank you for the advise and yes I contacted my nearest dealer this morning and they confirmed exactly what you said around £15 - £20. The key code is in the front of my service book (thank God!!). Will be heading down there in my lunch break tomorrow to get one ordered.
Brady

Citroen C8 2.2 HDI Exclusive 2006/06

Previous French cars -
Renault Megane Tourer 2004/54 1.9 DCI Privilege
Citroen Xantia 1998/S 2.0 16v Exclusive Automatic
Renault Laguna Sports Tourer Dymanique 2001/51
Citroen Saxo VTR 2000/W
25v6turbo
My Cars: Safranes.....

Post by 25v6turbo »

Good news,at least you havea record of it,hopefully they can get it sorted ASAP.
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: Missing Locking Wheel Nut Key!!!!

Post by ferkemall »

I have the same type i also one left ove rfrom my honda they are not the same one wont unlock the other , i spent the massive sum of £1at the pound shop and bought an ashtray for my car no i dont smoke but it has a flip lid and holds my hub key ,locking wheel nut and the 19mm socket to get the nuts off i keep the telescopic wrench in the door panel ,i did look in the boot there is a spare one in there as well !

One tip if you are getting a new tyre fitted tell them NOT TO USE AN AIR WRENCH ON THE LOCKING WHEEL NUTS i was
in a place that did that they were telling this poor soul they could not get one for 2 days he said ok i will have to hire out a car but im not paying for it !