wet footwell

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

telderv
My Cars:

wet footwell

Post by telderv »

i have an o2 laguna II, while driving this morn a puddle apeared in the passenger footwell, only about a cup full but it has come from behind the dash and now the blower for the heater has packed in, anyone got any ideas where its coming from and how to stop it?
LAGUNA II 1.9DCI DYNAMIQUE
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Has the car had a windscreen change recently?

Does the heater appear to be less efficient, and has there been a damp smell in the car prior to this?
ACTIVA

The car that looks like a family car, but has special secret hidden abilities.
telderv
My Cars:

Post by telderv »

Not had the windscreen changed, has been a slight damp smell if the car has stood unused for a couple of days and the heater is usually like a blast furnace
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Have you had a look up around above the area it dropped onto, for any tell tell white stains?
ACTIVA

telderv
My Cars:

Post by telderv »

doesnt appear to be any stains, bit hard to tell as im not really built for getting into the footwell upside down
ACTIVE8
My Cars:

Post by ACTIVE8 »

Ah OK, but a mirror could be used with a torch, to gain a reasonable look around in this area.
ACTIVA

ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: wet footwell

Post by ferkemall »

Its a Renault they designed that way the short one is the bulkhead water drains block up , i took a pair of cutters to the flaps they put on them because they cause the problem , water runs down inside the dash shorting stuff as it goes then runs down the fuse/relay box under the bonnet and shorts that out ,

I checked my fuse /relay unit it was ok so got some spray silicone and did the inside with that then got some clear spray wax and did the fuse/relay unit and the water runs on the bulkhead ,had the car [ modus ] 2 years everything still works !