1997 Renault Scenic immobiliser problem

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ragdoll

1997 Renault Scenic immobiliser problem

Post by Ragdoll »

Hi all. My apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, did a search and can't find anything directly related.

I can't disable the immboliser on my car. I changed the batteries in the key fob thinking that was the problem but it wasn't. So, my question is, in simple girly terms, is there any way of sorting this problem without it costing me a fortune. So far I've been told to disconnect the battery as that will mean the immobiliser will have to be reset to work; disable the sensor by the light inside the car; pay £100 minimum to have the immobiliser permanently disabled.

My quandary is that the car had to be left at work as I couldn't get it home and I'm sans money until Thursday.

Can anyone help?

TIA
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: 1997 Renault Scenic immobiliser problem

Post by ferkemall »

On Youtube there are lots of vids on renault problems , one i saw was how to reset the imobiliser he just pressed the door open button and kept it pressed while putting it into the ignitionturn it to ignition on [ not start ] keeping it pressed turned the key to off took the key out and the system reset ,you would need to check it out though !

hope it helps , i got a Modus and use a tablet to record all and any videos about renaults and how to work on them , i then put them onto a mem stick [pen drive ]
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: 1997 Renault Scenic immobiliser problem

Post by Michel »

I hope he worked it out and didn't spend 9 years waiting for your post....