can someone help me with scenic

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trekie123

can someone help me with scenic

Post by trekie123 »

I have a scenic and i have lost all display on my screen. Everything works except the radio. The engine, lights, indicators, locking , all working perfectly just dont have anything on the screen , its completly blank. I have looked at the fuses but there does not appear to be any for this problem. Does anyone know if i can do anythng about this before i go to a garage
blackie

same same

Post by blackie »

have just had same problem with 53 plate scenic
after looking on the net ifound it's a very common problem.however as i am an engineer in the agricutural trade i thought i would investigate my self. the dash was easy to remove just a matter of a small screwdriver under the top of the bezel(surround)and it flips out remove 2 electric connections and 2 20 torx screws and out the it came.
easy bit over
finding someone to fix it was a bit difficult but did so at a fraction of the cost at local renault dealer.plus it came back with 2 year warranty.
quoted £600 at dealer who did say it was common fault he does 2+ every week

if you need info on electric guy who fixed mine drop me a line (p.m. me)
hope this helps
--------------------
richard
dr.lovexxx
My Cars:

Post by dr.lovexxx »

Hi, look at my relpy to renault megane scenic/Dashboard lights out. This should explain it.
Yes, your instrument panel is on the way out. It will progresively get worse then in the near future it will stop working all together.
Unfortunately there is a high failure rate on these displays but Renault wont admit to it. I feel if everyone who had this problem all contacted watchdog on the BBC we could get them to put some pressure on them to do something about it. Individually we will get nowhere but together things might just happen.
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: can someone help me with scenic

Post by ferkemall »

this due to the biological lead free and non violent EU rules on things like solder EU solder has a high alloy content great for your health but crap for electrical connections , it does generate millions for PSA france though and all of their dealers , you could do it your self but you have to do every conection or go to someone like ECU testing who do them on a PX basis !