Modus - where is the brake fluid reservior? :-s

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

TheDiceMan

Modus - where is the brake fluid reservior? :-s

Post by TheDiceMan »

Hello all,

I was wondering if there are any Modus owners out there - I have my driving test on Friday - however, for the life of me I can't find the brake fluid reservior in the engine... and it's a tiny engine.

"Open the bonnet, identify where the brake fluid reservoir is and tell me how you would check that you have a safe level of hydraulic brake fluid. "

Does anyone know.

Thx

Stuart
rdj104

Post by rdj104 »

Sorry this is probably too late for you, only just spotted question. Hope you passed your test.

But to answer your question, it's not a simple open the bonnet check.

It's hidden underneath the engine cover that is between the windscreen and the bit of engine you can see. It's in line with the steering wheel more or less (on the diesel anyway).

You can get your hand under the cover to get to the cap (which I did recently to opn the system as I was changing the brake pads. But I doubt I could have seen the level properly.

So to do that would require a T20 screwdriver to remove 4 bolts, remove 1st engine cover.

A 10mm hex key to remove 4 more bolts on next plastic cover. (That is what my French equivalent of a Haynes manual tells me anyway)

Then you should see it.

Hope this helps.

If you think that's complicated, wait till you need to change a headlamp bulb, bumper off time.
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: Modus - where is the brake fluid reservior? :-s

Post by ferkemall »

yip take off the bulkhead trim and the panel its ove rto the left of the bulkhead , the french put that bit in first then built the car around it what can you say
check your front lights works then learn how to take off the front of the car to change a bulb , renaults look cuddly and cute but they are like that little bear in the aussi toilet roll advert you feel mugged when you buy one they are full of special tricks ,

I started hating mine i just needed a car with a high seat i could get into [2 spine opps ] then did the research after wards i was going to shoot my self but decided to learn how to fix them and prevent them from breaking down ,so far had it over 2 years and nothing major , rear discs ,front pads , flushed the auto box and found a decent fluid not french and cheaper , replaced the front wish bones ,set of tyres fitted them my self and had the tracking done , fitted an oil catch can and cleaned out the 2 inlet sensors [mapp and air temp ] does 33mpg around town and everything still works as it should now i understand how it works and how to work on it now i like the little car , 2005 1.6 auto 55000 miles !