Smoking Modus!

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rdj104

Smoking Modus!

Post by rdj104 »

Just thought I'd report a problem we've had with our Modus, been fixed under warranty fortunately (2 weeks remaining!)

Whilst driving along, nasty plastic burning smoke started coming from round the steering wheel. Stopped promptly and got towed by the RAC back to local dealer. Unsurprisingly RAC took one look and said, I can't fix that!

Turns out the Wiper switch had melted. Fortunately we caught before it affected the wiring loom.

Interestingly some Modii and Clios built 3 months later had a recall issued for a similar issue...

Defect:
Under particular circumstances of use, the potential exists for the stop light switch to melt due to overheating of the grease in the circuit switches, with the potential for coking the contacts. This can result in failure of the stop lights and overheating at the pedal floor or smoke in the passenger compartment.

Action:
Recalled vehicles will have the stop light switch replaced.
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: Smoking Modus!

Post by ferkemall »

Thanks for that one just something french to look out for , those frogs either cant build cars or they just dont like us or both ,
iv never in 40 years seen one make with so many electrical problems !
Michel
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: Some cars and a motorbike

Re: Smoking Modus!

Post by Michel »

Just imagine if the French designed cars, and had the Japanese built them. It'd be amazing.

XMs that had no rot and still worked perfectly at 20 years old. Xantia Activas that worked... The C6 would have been a roaring success if it worked properly..

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk