Modus buzzing noise??

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Modusman
My Cars:

Modus buzzing noise??

Post by Modusman »

Hi,

My mum has a Modus on 05 plate, it's the 1.6 auto! It drives perfect etc, altho something is bugging us! With the engine running on tickover and when driving If you put it in D or R you get what can only be described as a buzzing noise coming from the front. If you put it in P or N it stops.

There are no warning lights on the dash and as I said it drives fine! Is this normal??

Thanks
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

I'd say its a perfectly "normal noise" from an autobox.
Because in either D or R the box is ordered to start taking up power, meaning the hydraulic torque converter is working , though at idle pace only, until you press the accelerator.
Anders (DK) - '90 BX16Image
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: Modus buzzing noise??

Post by ferkemall »

No its not normal iv had dozens of automatics and own a Modus automatic it does not make any noises at at all ,without acually hearing it i cant say but the AL4/DPO auto trans is subect to problems caused by not changing the fluid at 30,000 and or using the wrong fluid ,
these units are supposed to run on Renalt fluid only but i can only speak for my self i found it can over heat i flushed my unit out and used carplan ATF-U
cost £19 for 5ltrs drives like new no over heating , but whoever changes fluid needs to know exactly how to do it or they could either over fill the unit or under fill it !