under water

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

albert

under water

Post by albert »

hi all-L reg laguna rxe auto both front wells are sodden-just got the car so must have been like this for months.Lifted pass side mat and soaked up about 5 bath towels worth and still loads there. Discovered water running inside the dvr side from just under the dash level.down the rubber then onto the inner sill then onto the mat. The headliners are wet all across the front and sides as far as the handgrips.A right mess - any clues please? Renault dealer prices require a new mortgage just to look at the thing!![:(]
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

Sounds like a sunroof leak. It might be worth sealing it up and drying the car out to see if it stays dry. Initially I would just tape or silicon over it, if that proves to be the source of the leak I would then look at new seals, drain tubes etc.
albert

Post by albert »

very much obliged for the advice-will give it a try
[:)]
albert

Post by albert »

Well-sunroof secured and rainbow removed from inside and robert's your father's brother!! IT WORKED.No one needs a "sun" roof in this crummy climate so have disconnected it and fingers croosed. Many thanks.
ferkemall
New User
My Cars: to many to list

Re: under water

Post by ferkemall »

Open the sunroof get a net curtain wire and push it down the water drains , also clean out the bulkhead water drains for what ever reason Renault fitted flaps to the to the ends of the drains i cut the flaps off water can now run out , its a renault !
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

I had a similar issue with my Citroen BX. I found that one of the drain pipes had got blocked. I got hold of some stiff wire, attached a bottle brush, and ran it up and down both drain pipes. As soon as I cleared one pipe my hand got soaking wet (and dirty with the crud that had blocked the pipe). I then made sure to clear the pipes on a weekly basis until there was no sign of any dirt coming out, and then every few months.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Mick F

Post by Mick F »

Read this.
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44547
Our Clio is bone dry now, even in the heaviest of downpours.

Good luck,
Mick.