Megane tyres

This is the Forum for all your Renault Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Megane tyres

Post by myglaren » 18 Sep 2019, 15:33

Daughter has a Megane C+C , 1.6 VVT, 2006.
Had a new clutch yesterday, plus wishbones.
Needs a rear spring, new tyres and tracking - the steering wheel is off-centre.
Also passenger door mirror and window don't work - they did when she bought it.

The tyres fitted are 205/50 R16 and ZR16 91 W.
I'm getting lots of conflicting info based on registration number, year and model.
Does anyone know if the correct info is given anywhere on the car like Citroens do with a sticker in the door shut with tyre sizes, pressures, paint code and RP#?
Don't have access to the car today. Not that there is a rush as it can't be done until the 30th.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 18 Sep 2019, 18:13, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Title to Megane

GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Megane tyres

Post by GiveMeABreak » 18 Sep 2019, 18:22

As you can see Steve, from the info you provided - it has listed 195/65 R15 in red as the defaults - but under that has brought up the correct alternatives - and I suspect it's because of the options so specs / upgrades available.
Tyres.PNG
They are supposed to be like this inside driver door....
renault.PNG
But from what I've heard they are often missing or plain wrong!

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 18 Sep 2019, 19:17

Thanks Marc - it is very confusing. Oponeo has some options but hard to say what is best. Current tyres appear to be way above spec for load and speed, the wheels she has aren't listed.

I am pleased with my Sailun tyres and may try to get them to suit, otherwise probably Toyo.

myglaren
Forum Admin Team

Post by myglaren » 02 Dec 2019, 18:01

Just a moan but open to suggestions.
She had a new clutch fitted, old one slipping. After a bit she said it smelled of burning (the old one had too.
Took it back, presuming a dud release bearing.
It was the flywheel that had worn in the middle, leaving a narrow contact area around the circumference.
Unfortunately the garage owner went to India the day I took it in. Dropped in a couple of days later and they showed me the flywheel and they were attempting to get a scrapyard replacement, which has proved to be difficult, the one thy did manage to get was too big.
Renault list them but can't supply them NFP.
Mister Auto seems to have some but probably not the right one, prices between £300 & £700 :(

Spoke to the garage owner, back from India and he has asked if I know of anyone who can skim the old clutch. I do know of one workshop near here, will try and contact them but have an unmissable appointment tomorrow, another day down the drain.
She is getting a bit agitated now, into the third week. At least she has a car from work.