Mooving C5 LCD sreen down?

This section is for General Enquiries or for Systems not Covered Above

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

vborovicfan
My Cars: 2009-2013 C5 X7 1.8 facelifted to 2013+ extras.
2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged V8 Portfolio
2007 C4GP 1.8 manual upgraded to exlusive

Re: Mooving C5 LCD sreen down?

Post by vborovicfan »

i have only two concerns
1) displaying visual/sonical parking sensirs information
2) radio reception quality
if not those two things i would trown up chineese 7inch unit with all that mumbo jumbo extras.

my c5 tuner reception quality is amazing, with others cars i even do not get any station reception in areas i drive, while c5 get at least 5-6 of them.
knowing chinnese all in one things i woudnt suprise about reception quality

original navigation scares me a bit because
1)its nearly impossible to find dash part for bigger screen with LHD here new one cost fortune from dealer
2)i do not know how to update citroen maps or will it have detailed map in my area.
2009 C5 X7 facelifted to 2013+ extras 3.40EUR/100km =D>
2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged V8 Portfolio 22EUR/100km :cry:
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

The first two points are considering the example unit in the Youtube link, or what are we talking about? Regarding the original navigation, I bought a new part from the dealer (dash inlay, roughly 210 € if I recall correctly, but because I had the buyer for my old nav unit, of course, with the old dash inlay - because he previously had just the radio, like you). The maps can be updated officially (HERE maps, provided by www.navigation.com) or unofficially (different sources online from whee you get maps and speedcamsp for free, or by small participation fee)

Regarding the coverage, check www.here.com, and browse your area, what is displayed on the online map is most likely (minus half a year of actual changes at most) wha you can expect with the latest map update
vborovicfan
My Cars: 2009-2013 C5 X7 1.8 facelifted to 2013+ extras.
2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged V8 Portfolio
2007 C4GP 1.8 manual upgraded to exlusive

Post by vborovicfan »

Hi Mr. vborovich, still looking for original unit. which one is moost sought after? the newest ones? there was some seriuos reason why you upgraded your large screen gps unit to same size newer gps unit? which model i shoudl get? however i have noticed that my citroen speedometer lcd is one colour and in models with gps driver dasboard dials lcd is two colours(at least) will it make some problem to me when instaled navi unit?
thanks
2009 C5 X7 facelifted to 2013+ extras 3.40EUR/100km =D>
2009 Jaguar XF Supercharged V8 Portfolio 22EUR/100km :cry:
vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Post by vborovic »

Well, I'm not sure what kind of answer you'd expect ... I don't have any figures about the rarity of the navigation units that are compatible with the C5 X7s ... usually everything that appears 2nd hand, from vehicles broken-for-parts gets sold, it's just a matter of time ... I was waiting for mine for about a year, and I really got lucky ... I'd definitely go for the RT6 if possible, or the RT5 (very rare) ... for the NG4 (dual-din) you'd need to change the air-con surrounding plastic, and you loose the bottom compartment ... about the screen, there are two kinds, lower resolution and higher resolution ... the lower resolution is used by the RNEG (myWay) and some others, but to be honest, not sure which exactly (NG4 should use high-res) ... I of course tried to plug in my RT6 unit to the low-resolution screen, no image appeared ... with the higher resolution screen everything was working properly ... the higher resolution screen is also approx. 0,5 cm taller/higher (from memory) than the low-res one, which means you need to get the suitable plastic fascia, with the bigger opening ... once again, all of this is thoroughly explained in my navigation topic ... and the instrument panel only orange version is also shown in my navigation topic, the target car has my RNEG, and obviously everything is working ... if you manage to find the color version of the instrument panel, you could change it as well (they too are pretty rare ... and expensive)