iPhone support

This unit is the NG4 system, made by Harman Becker.
Main Features: DVD, Voice Commands, HighRes Display, 3D Mapping, Bluetooth Hands Free, Independent Phone with MDS Module, SD Card, USB, Jukebox.

Moderator: GiveMeABreak

Quackers
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5 3.0 V6 Exclusive + Navi
2009 Citroen C6 2.7 V6 Exclusive + Lounge Pack
2007 Citroen C5 2.2 (173) Exclusive + Navi
2000 Citroen Xantia Activa

iPhone support

Post by Quackers »

Can you connect an iPhone to the USB port to play music on this system? Reading the manual i'm not sure its just bad with its terminology , I'm doing something wrong, i need a newer firmware to do it or it just cannot be done.

It says connecting an iPod, and an iPhone with the Music player acts like an iPod on other devices like my home cinema system. They are in the MP3 format in my iTunes library, not m4a . It says just connect it to the USB port in the handbook if in the MP3 format, or to use the AUX port if using the iTunes m4a format. Should it just appear as a source when i press the media button?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: C3 Aircross SUV HDi Flair Peperoncino Red (The Chili Hornet)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi Exclusive Mativoire Beige (The Golden Hornet)
C3 1.6 HDi Exclusive Aluminium Grey (The Silver Hornet)
C5 MK II 2.0 HDi Exclusive Obsidian Black
C5 MK I 2.0 HDi SX Wicked Red
Xantia S2 2.0 HDi SX Hermes Red
C15 Romahome White
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Emerald Green Pearlescent
XM 2.0 Turbo Prestige Polar White
XM 2.0 SX Polar White
CX 20 Polar White
GS 1220 Geranium Red
CX 2.4 Prestige C-Matic Nevada Beige
GS 1000 Cedreat Yellow

Re: iPhone support

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't be done - the USB will charge the phone and will play WMA and MP3 files on an actual USB stick directly, but will not play files from an iPhone's music library. You can also use the SD card in the Navidrive 3D to play the same - which is what I do.

You can connect video or audio sources to the AUX socket in the glovebox - and select this as the source. BUT, you will have no control over the music files at all. Which page of the handbook lists the reference to M4a? That's not in any of the Navidrive 3D manuals I have.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc